Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's smallest revovler?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hmmm.
    Bullet energy: 1.0888 J

Take a grain or two of propellant out, and you'd almost have a revolver you didn't need a licence for :DAlmost - but not quite, as it's a cartridge firearm rather than an airgun. Still though - a revolver with a muzzle energy less than that of an air pistol? That's rather unusual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

.08 joules is all it took to throw it 125M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

I was just going to post that link!Great minds and all...
    Wonder is it and it's calibre smaller than the Kolibri pistol????
    Trouble is what do you use it for??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Just one word, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

$5000 to buy and $10 a round.

Hmm,

I could think of other items I'd want in my collection first.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote:
    Just one word, why?

Because you could!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

how cool would it look on your car keys :p

Terribly cool, if going round half-cocked is the "in thing". Not so great otherwise, I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Vegeta wrote:
    how cool would it look on your car keys :p
    Real cool until you lose a ball getting your keys out of your pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

That post just reminded me of something I really should have put up here before now.

If your ever in Copenhagen it has the biggest gun museum in the world. I saw what was claimed to me the smallest gun in the world but it was bigger than that one at 2.5mm caliber.

I cant remember the address but I'm sure if you ask for it people would know about it. I spent the whole day there which was just as well cos there was sod else to do in Copenhagen. It had everything from the gun I just mentioned right up to M16's and AK's. It also had loads of the earliest guns from the 15th or 16th century so it was really interesting. Another interesting thing about it was that many of the guns were labled with their origin eg. "Smith and Wesson 45 Chief of Police New York 1952 etc".

Well worth a look.

• Advertisement

Reckon it must be the Kolibri 4.25mm ,the worlds smallest functioning semi automatic pistol.Not made anymore either.

Sparks wrote:
    Hmmm.
    Bullet energy: 1.0888 J
    Take a grain or two of propellant out, and you'd almost have a revolver you didn't need a licence for :DAlmost - but not quite, as it's a cartridge firearm rather than an airgun. Still though - a revolver with a muzzle energy less than that of an air pistol? That's rather unusual!
    You know, I went back and read the act again, and I'm not so sure that I was correct here anymore. The relevant bit of section one reads "an air gun (including an air rifle and air pistol) with a muzzle energy greater than one joule or any other weapon incorporating a barrel from which any projectile can be discharged with such a muzzle energy" (my emphasis).

Now the line above that does define a firearm as "any lethal weapon" able to discharge shot or pellet or bullet, but you'd have to define this pistol as a lethal weapon for that to apply - and we don't really have a definition of what a lethal weapon is, and if any cartridge pistol could be thought of as outside that definition, this would probably be it.

Interesting little exception case, from an academic point of view...

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

ok i have to say that i was wondering if it would actually break the skin? and that it scars me, in the pictures there you don't see a safety switch do you? and with that little poutchy holster thing it could get snagged and then if it does break the skin, bye bye toes (or balls)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

whupass wrote:
    ok i have to say that i was wondering if it would actually break the skin? and that it scars me, in the pictures there you don't see a safety switch do you? and with that little poutchy holster thing it could get snagged and then if it does break the skin, bye bye toes (or balls)
    The vast majority of revolvers don't have safety catches.

At a shade over 1 joule of muzzle energy, I'd suppose it'd be very similar to getting shot with one of our newly legal airsofts. The same precautions and warnings would apply.

Here's a page on a Norwegian (I think) forum where someone contacted the company. Their reply is in English, about half-way down the page-
    http://nordisk-forum.dk/viewtopic.php?p=25541&sid=794cd3f55708560cd2da5142a8a7c3c9
    At €3950 for the steel model (no price quoted on the 18k gold version) and €7.50 for live ammo (in boxes of 50), this is very much a collector's item, and I would suggest, is extremely unlikely to end up being used in street crime :rolleyes:

I get the impression that this was created as a novelty item to showcase the merging of Swiss firearms and watchmaking technologies.

Rovi wrote:
    The vast majority of revolvers don't have safety catches.

Just a trigger that takes half an hour and a pneumatic ram to pull through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

A friends father made tiny revolvers, made the ammo by boring out brass soldering rods and packing .22 rimfire ignition compound? into them. His name is Ken Wallis, he invented the Gyrocopter and other fun stuff also :D
    He did complain that people were often more impressed by the fitted cases his pistols nestled in.

He also apparently invented the forerunner to "Scalextric" and gave it to a friend as a present for his children :eek:

I saw an interview with him once where he fired the gun into a phone book, I'll try to find the link again. Here's one about himself, and his son Jake is the guy I know.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/Content/Features/WallisKen/020110wallis.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

I'm sure I saw a documenary on him?

Seems these minatures have something of a following:

Advertisement