Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions on the proposed use of haulboline

• 15-08-2006 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

does anyone hear disagree with the new plans for the old irish steel plant they want to put apartments and a marina on the island
    i think the island should be taking over be the navy expand the port and improve facilities on the island for the navy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Yeah, it'd be nice to expand the naval base down there, but, as with most of the opinions expressed on this board, it's a case of political will and, more importantly the lack thereof.

We could all list off a multitude of things that we'd like to see equipping our defence forces, but Fast Jet Interceptors, Trainers, MBT's, Scout Tanks, Helicoptors and a fleet of modern up to date warships are never gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

BTW the correct spelling is Haulbowline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

I agree the navy if at all possible should try andexpand the port in arother thread we a picture of the new ship the irish navy are talking about building will their old port be capable of handleing this ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

no dont think so i was on th le asling an that had only few feet to spare they regularly ride up the sides

Advertisement