Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! ESAT BT Bluff

• 15-08-2006 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice on an ongoing problem with Esat BT. To cut a long story short, BT admitted that they owe me €130. However when I asked them for the money back they stated that they don’t provide refunds, unless the customer quits their service.

Granted, this would normally be ok but I’m living away from home now and not using the service. My brother is however, but he is very difficult to get the money back from. I’d like to get the money back, and then switch the account to him so it’s not my problem anymore…

The question is, do I actually have to close my account to get the money back or is it possible to just bluff BT into thinking that I will close it if they don’t give me my money back???

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

You could get them to Credit your account (and therefore your brother's account) the €130 and then get your brother to give you the €130.

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

zeusnero wrote:
    To cut a long story short, BT admitted that they owe me €130. However when I asked them for the money back they stated that they don’t provide refunds, unless the customer quits their service.

Id be amazed if thats an official policy. Just get a manager on the phone or else get the email address for the complaints dept and it will get sorted out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You should inquire from the office of the director of consumer affairs as to what rights you have in this particular situation. www.odca.ie.

Also if Esat took this money by direct debit it might be worth talking to your bank about the legitimacy of the deduction.

It seems an incredible policy - we have your money (effectively an involuntay interest free loan!!!) and we will give it back to you as it suits us!!!

Presumaby Esat do not adopt the same attitude towards customes who adopt that attitude to paying bills? (I owe you the money yeah but I will pay you when it suits me!)

So much for the new Esat:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

I realise it only just been over a year since they changed their name from EsatBT to BT Ireland....but come on it gets annoying to see so many different names for a single compnay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

zeusnero wrote:
    Hi all,

Just looking for some advice on an ongoing problem with Esat BT. To cut a long story short, BT admitted that they owe me €130. However when I asked them for the money back they stated that they don’t provide refunds, unless the customer quits their service.

Granted, this would normally be ok but I’m living away from home now and not using the service. My brother is however, but he is very difficult to get the money back from. I’d like to get the money back, and then switch the account to him so it’s not my problem anymore…

The question is, do I actually have to close my account to get the money back or is it possible to just bluff BT into thinking that I will close it if they don’t give me my money back???

Thanks for your help!

bt recently owed me money,,, surprise surprise....... i told them i wanted a refund, and after a week the refund appeared back on my laser card.

if they owe you money from overcharging then your entitled to the refund by the way you paid or some other means... ring and demand ur refund..

• Advertisement
Advertisement