Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 2407WFP - Return Policy

Options
  • 15-08-2006 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Thinking of ordering a Dell 2407WFP, lovely monitor.

However, I've heard that there's a banding problem present on some samples, and that monitors with this problem tend to rule out using it for graphics work.

In the US, AFAIK, Dell will replace monitors with this problem with a new one. Even though I've heard of people having to replace the monitor 3 or 4 times until they get a working model, they do eventually get one.

Does anyone know what the story is in Ireland with returns and Dell? If there's banding present on the monitor (which, AFAIK, is a firmware issue), will they replace it or just say sorry, it's a known issue and you can basically f*** off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ring this 1850 333 200

Or Emails this uki_consumer_sales@dell.com

And ask. as im afraid i dont know thw answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

yeah, probably should call them. I emailed them twice but both times mail was undelivered, worryingly.

Strange that. maybe al'queida have flown a few planes into a data center where dell hosts its mail server.

Oh i can only wish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

rang them up seems all is well.

just ordered it anyway... yum yum

damn. the injustice.

And congrats on the purchace, you shall enjoy it.......hopefully first time round :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement