Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could i be?

• 15-08-2006 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ok heres the storey, went away with my friends 3 and a half weeks ago to Claire for a weekend. Went out on the Saturday night and got kinda drunk.
    Met this fella, he ended up bringing me to the beach.This wuda been Sat night, sunday morning.
    Now Im on the pill, but have never really been gud at taken it the same time every day as i only used it 2 regulate my periods as i am a virgin, well i think i still am, anyway that sat wud been the first day of my new pack after a pill free day, and i took my pill.
    Thing is im not sure if i had sex with this guy, im so ashammed of myself. Like I was drunk, i did no wat i was doing, wud i no if i hada had sex r not?
    that sat was the last day of my period 2, it wuda jst ended that night, wud i have been very fertile?
    Im so confused and very scared.
    Like the past 2 months iv been very gud with taking my pill, around the same time evry day. And then since that incident 3 and half weeks ago iv taken it the same time every day, cud that save me from pregnancy??
    For the past 2 months iv goten my period on the tues of the pill free 7 days, it didnt come 2day, before that it used to come on the saturday, iv been on the pill for around 2 years now. My period hasnt come 2day yet and basically im very scared....any advice most appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Learn to spell & type properly!!!!

That's SO annoying to read.

Could you be pregnant?
    Yes, if you had sex without a condom or if the condom split, or if you didn't have sex but the guy came around your genitals, or let precum make contact with your genitals.
    It's possible.

Could you have had sex without knowing it:-
    Yes, it's possible (if you mean you don't remember the actual experience, but would you feel different the next day. If you were fully aware of what was happening, then I think yes you'd have known you were having sex). I experienced no pain or bleeding whatsoever when I lost my virginity, nor did I feel any different the next day.

How fertile you were:- I doubt if you were at your most fertile, but still, it's not impossible. Every woman's cycles is different.

Taking your pill regularly for the 2 months prior to the incident will definitely reduce the chances that you may have gotten pregnant.

Taking the pill religiously after potentially getting pregnant will hardly do much to stop the growth, cause a miscarriage.

If your period hasn't come by the time you are due to start the next packet, then buy a test & put your mind at ease.

Be a bit more careful / sober / mature / responsible in future to avoid putting yourself through so much stress.

Stress is a big factor in delaying periods so I'd imagine it's only that you've been fretting so much that has caused your period to be late.
    It's unlikely that you're pregnant, but not impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

ok... (like)

1. You were not at your most fertile.
    2. No matter how drunk you were, you still remembered most of the night so the chances of you not remembering your "first" time is quite low.
    3. GET A PREGNANCY TEST. They will be able to tell you if you are or not.
    4. Taking the pill after you have had sex does not prevent you from getting pregnant. The morning after pill (in the first 72hours) does.

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I'm not sure i understand? Did you actually forget to take a pill or is it just that you took the pill the next day when you were supposed to be starting your break? If its the latter then you are still protected because there is no porblem taking two packets back to back. If its the former then yes there is a possibility you could be pregnant so do a test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you had unprotected sex then you might have more to worry about then being pregant. You could have an sti someone which can't be cured and you have to live with for the rest of your life, or you could become hiv positive.

Make an appointment with your dr and talk to the dr about your worrys and concerns and see what tests need doing.

You have to take better care of yourself, if you dont' know what happened how do you even know if you had sex with more them one person or not ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

If I am reading your post right, you think that having sex on your 7 day break could make your pregnant? It's amazing the amount of people that think that. But, no, you're protected all month round, as long as you take your pill within the time every day for the 3 weeks.

As Thaedydal said, the other issue here is STI's and how you could be unsure of having sex with someone.

I hope you manage to get information from the guy and that everything turns out ok. If you have had sex for the first time and don't remember, you might want to have a chat with a counsellor about it.

I need to ask though - what kind of guy has sex with a girl who's that wasted?

• Advertisement
Advertisement