Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A difficult one

• 15-08-2006 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi folks ,
    hoping some one could help me out here , recently some s*um bag broke in to our house , this has prompted us to get an alarm system .

I decided to purchase a system that can make calls to us in the event of an alarm activation , I was hoping to get the Landline set back up but we have had nothing but problems with the quality of it and have since asked them to remove the line as I will not pay for ( its like talking through a crisp bag ) .

So I was hopeing that the is some sort of mobile device that I could perhaps put a sim chip in to that can make calls ( I have seen some on the net but there are like €500+ but for hooking up 20 + phones to ((fixed cellular phone)) ) and that I can connect the alarm too using a standard phone cable ( from alarm to the phone ) .. does any one know of such a device or is there no hope .
    Thanks folks
    Darr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Darr wrote:
    Hi folks ,
    hoping some one could help me out here , recently some s*um bag broke in to our house , this has prompted us to get an alarm system .

I decided to purchase a system that can make calls to us in the event of an alarm activation , I was hoping to get the Landline set back up but we have had nothing but problems with the quality of it and have since asked them to remove the line as I will not pay for ( its like talking through a crisp bag ) .

So I was hopeing that the is some sort of mobile device that I could perhaps put a sim chip in to that can make calls ( I have seen some on the net but there are like €500+ but for hooking up 20 + phones to ((fixed cellular phone)) ) and that I can connect the alarm too using a standard phone cable ( from alarm to the phone ) .. does any one know of such a device or is there no hope .
    Thanks folks
    Darr

Try this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190018584977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Darr wrote:
    Hi folks ,

Thanks folks
    Darr

What you need is a Tellular sx5d available from vodafone on an upgrade for 249 +vat.. sim free about 360 bit pricey but will do exactly what you want..Pm me for a place to get it sim free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

Hi Guys ,
    Thanks very much for that I have a mate of mine checking it out to see if the Tellur one is availble through her ( she works for a mobile company ) ..
    Thanks For the help again ..
    Dar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Make sure its the 5d not the 6

• Advertisement
Advertisement