Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBAN Number

Options
  • 15-08-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Can someone confirm to me that a Irish AIB IBAN should be
    IE29AIBK......sortcode.....Accnumber, 22 digits. I know its on my statement but i am abroad and would have to try and contact home. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Yes that looks like an IBAN, just checked the one on my UK a/c and it's the same:

GB55MIDL - sort code - account number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

yes 22 items in total last 14 are the sort code and account no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Ref. Wikipedia:

"The IBAN consists of a two letter ISO 3166-1 country code, followed by two check digits, and up to thirty alphanumeric characters for the domestic bank account number, called the BBAN (Basic Bank Account Number).

* Irish (22) IBAN format: IEkk AAAA BBBB BBCC CCCC CC
    The first 4 alphanumeric characters are the start of the SWIFT code. Then a 6 digit long routing code and an 8 digit account code follow, both numeric "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

nice one Reyman

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Thanks guys, thats exactly what I was looking for! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I know the problem has been sorted by the good folk at boards.ie but last year I just rang AIB and they gave me my IBAN over the phone (after the usual security checks). You may also need your BIC number if you are planning a transfer, I needed it for transferring from UK to Ireland to top up my SSIA (Yes, I checked with revenue, I will still be ordinarily resident and eligible when it matures :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

if you are using aib online banking, it's in statements and advices section at the top of current acc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd imagine the poster has found the information in the 5 and a half years since they asked. Please don't drag up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement