Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend texted me by mistake

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well u could sneak around to go shopping, if, for example, she had his credit card, or he paid her bills, or she was meeting up with someone he hated. But its incredibly unlikely.
    Sounds to me like she is one of those things.
    Oh what is the word, those things, that they keep the insects in, the black and amber insects, oh yeah, a bee-hatch. She is totally a bee-hatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Chillax...
    If you want revenge dont break up with her :)
    act as if u never received the text... milk her from her money and treat her like the slut she is.. its alot more satisfying believe me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ditch teh bitch, but first blow yer wad in her face :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

UPDATE:

well the bull has begun in ernest!she rang n said that her MATE in work sent the txt about doin dirty on her fella,so i said that she obviously agrees with that sort of thing.she was wafflin and wafflin down the phone in panic,knowS she is cuaght by the scruff.i am proud of how i handled it.

i told her that its a shame she has to sneak around,wont it be much nicer to be out in open,she started bawlin cryin and i know she works in busy office so everyone must know in her place someting is up.whats freakin me now is how i am handlin it.like one poster said,be like d corleone and thats how i am being.i laughed at her tears and told her that i would be fair and give her until weekend to get the **** out of my LIFE, i had already got solicitor to sort out names on deeds to house (didnt but she dosnt know that) but just rang him to cancel.

MY WORDS: 'god,isnt it a terrible shame you got caught now, a few more weeks and you wouldve stiffed me for half MY lovely gaff,poor timing babe' and laughed.

was goin to hang up then but her being upset seems to make me feel better.but i guess it doesnt,i know soon i am gonna be heartbroken so i am clinging to fury now as it beats being all sad and cryin which will surely come soon. guess its better it happened now than a few years down line when we did have kids,im 35 and shes 33 and she has said about kids in the last year.deffo wont be sleeping with her again,she is another mans now and he can keep her in all ways and give her a roof over her head.
    Oh man, i can ACTUALLY feel your pain man, that really sucks.... Sorry to hear it!

Tis good how you handled it though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

well the bull has begun in ernest!she rang n said that her MATE in work sent the txt about doin dirty on her fella

If her mate was also away for the weekend, also at her sisters & despite using someone else's phone didn't sign her name then it has to be one of the biggest coincidences I've ever heard of....:rolleyes:

Jesus. Thats a rough end to a sorry tale.

Thanks for re-posting LundiMardi, I missed it right as I was posting there the last time.

****. 8 years is so hard to walk away from, but u sound a fairly strong enough person to manage it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I just reading this thread and i feel sorry for OP, not a nice way to find out that your GF of 8 years has been cheating. My advice would be to stand your ground and dont listen to a word she says. She hasn't been honest with you probably for a while, so why should you believe her bullsh*t story that her co workers are probably telling her to feed you now. I warn you that if when and if she comes home there will be harsh words exchanged and alot of anger and tears shed as they say. I would suggest to stay away from the drink for the next few days as well as you may do something you regret. ( just something i would do anyway, but you seem to be head strong and sensible)

After 8yr's toghether its going to be quite hard to get over and forget her. My advice would be to try take a 2 week holiday in the sun somewere or just try to get away for a while and get your head together.

Best of luck OP:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

UPDATE:

well the bull has begun in ernest!she rang n said that her MATE in work sent the txt about doin dirty on her fella,so i said that she obviously agrees with that sort of thing.she was wafflin and wafflin down the phone in panic,knowS she is cuaght by the scruff.i am proud of how i handled it.

i told her that its a shame she has to sneak around,wont it be much nicer to be out in open,she started bawlin cryin and i know she works in busy office so everyone must know in her place someting is up.whats freakin me now is how i am handlin it.like one poster said,be like d corleone and thats how i am being.i laughed at her tears and told her that i would be fair and give her until weekend to get the **** out of my LIFE, i had already got solicitor to sort out names on deeds to house (didnt but she dosnt know that) but just rang him to cancel.

MY WORDS: 'god,isnt it a terrible shame you got caught now, a few more weeks and you wouldve stiffed me for half MY lovely gaff,poor timing babe' and laughed.

was goin to hang up then but her being upset seems to make me feel better.but i guess it doesnt,i know soon i am gonna be heartbroken so i am clinging to fury now as it beats being all sad and cryin which will surely come soon. guess its better it happened now than a few years down line when we did have kids,im 35 and shes 33 and she has said about kids in the last year.deffo wont be sleeping with her again,she is another mans now and he can keep her in all ways and give her a roof over her head.

Hmm, yes, I was going to post earlier and say watch out for that, that she would probably try and say it was a friend or someone from work that sent the text - seems funny that they would have been away for the weekend as well, because the content of the text matches her circumstances.

If anything, I'd say you got very lucky by getting that text. Hopefully you retain the level-headedness when its a face to face discussion, and you don't get worn down by tears and explanations that you WANT to believe, but know deep down aren't true.

Best of luck.

Really doesnt sound like the kind of guy to believe in fairy tales to me. I think the OP will maintain contact with reality on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

thats so horrible :(
    i feel really sorry for you. it makes me wonder how anyone can be trusted when there's so many people in the world perfectly willing to **** you over whatever chance they get. living off you and screwing someone else, what a bitch!

you handled the situation well, be very glad you dont have any financial complications to deal with, the house is still yours and she hasn't a leg to stand on. good luck in the future, hope everything works out well for you in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rubberhead

Man that's heavy!
    The only thing you can do is confront her though and not get angry since nothing might have happened! ?
    For all you know, a friend or her sis (depending on what she's like) sent you the message from her phone to wind you up!!
    My friends used to always do stuff like that (though nothing so serious) where they'd send a stupid text to someone in my phone book to make me look like a moron! Fu*kers! It was kinda funny(ish) in my case (nothing more than me looking like a twat, like)
    I suppose you'd want some sort of sick humour to send the msg you got, as a joke, though!

It's not looking good in fairness but you never know!
    If you do find out she's cheating for sure (after 8 years no less-I'd be fu*kin RAGING!) just simply ridding yourself of the scum can't be enough.....she'll have the new man to run to and really get off scott-free. I don't know what to suggest but I would HAVE to make her pay (without damaging property or illegal stuff obviously...that'd just fu*k your life up more)! Like mentioned before...tell her family & relatives (though obviously the covering sis knows), her workmates & make sure her boss finds out), friends....that'd be a good start anyway....she'd never be able to change the fact in their eyes that she's a cheating, lying, using wh*re!

Sorry you gotta experience that mate. Hope things aren't what they seem and all stays well for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

she's gone forget her now, get back in the saddle with someone else as soon as you can for your own sake, dont grieve this relationship too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zaphod_ie

She burst out crying on the phone. That's an admission of guilt in my book. OP, keep it up. Stay level headed and strong. get her out of your house and out of your life. Don't even think of believing her.. If she's done it once she'll do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I also missed the update.

what a cow still trying to pull the wool over your eyes, lying through her teeth kowing damn well she was caught.

what a bitch, its beyond words. 33 years of age behaving like that, she sounds like right skanger, sorry but ****e like this makes me angry.

well done for staying so calm, its the hardest thing to do when you are boiling inside.

You sound like a really decent bloke, it really is her loss and even though it doesnt seem like it now she has really done you a favour. So many men (and women i guess!) out there treat their partners like crap and she doesnt appreciate a good one when she has him.

i feel so bad for you. But we are not all like that dont let her waste your future by taking her memory with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Ok. For the sake of an alternative voice Im going to be the voice of opposition to the chorus of dump her ass.

1. Find out more information first before you do anything hasty. I know your angry and righfully so, but you have limited info at the moment.

2. Do you want her? Do you want this relationship? Just because your in one doesnt mean you have to stay in one, but maybe its not worth throwing away over what could be a minor indiscretion.

3. If you do want her, fight for her. You're going to let this twat head steal her? [If she's worth it to you. Dont let your ego destroy something good and something you want.]

• Advertisement

WORSE UPDATE:

poster said i should check where mate was the weekend.as i recall i asked did he want to go pintin on saturday as i was on my lonesome and he said he was working all weekend down country(he's a service engineer)!

starting to get very,very suspicious,they are good friends, many a time he was in house after pub and i hit the sack after a few and they were left sitting downstairs all alone.do i now confront him?i am terrified as its one thing to get this done to me by HER but if its him too then i think i will just lose it.he has been my BEST MATE since we were like 7 years old, met him in first class and are inseparable,he has 2 kids and i am godfather to one.well i'll be a new type of godfather if that is case I tell you.
    i am sick to my stomach,cant leave work now as dont know what to do,rang him up there a few mins ago and maybe its paranoia but he seems not to be too harsh on her,said again if we tried to make a go of it he would be cool.why would he say that?what does that ****ing mean?
    and get this,our first name both begin with BR......its is starting to make sense now is it not.this feels like one of those poxy soaps she watches like eastenders or emmerdale ffs!!!!!
    BEST MATE and MY BABE screwing me over?is this possible,i am such a tool to miss this amnt i?my first thoughts were that he would be there for me.i am afraid to say anything now as i dont want to accuse him in wrong,but i have this horrible feeling that this is how it is going,but i cant imagine him doingthis,his girlfriend is the best,she is cool,gorgeous and sound,they have kids and home and are engaged (guess who is best man) for next summer.if it is him then thats it,i am selling gaff and going to travel world or something,cos if it is,then you cant trust anyone but yourself.i dont hate women btw, just her,cos if i did then i should hate men too if it is him.
    but it appears from txt that they (whoever the bloke is)are sneaking around rather than her?so could it be?i get the feeling that its two of them sneaking and little things are popping into my head like time we were on holidays and his missus got bad sunburn so she went up to see her but the doctor gave her something to sleep but she said she stayed to check she was ok.which is fine except he was there too!me and the others,there was 4 couples, went out anyway and didnt get back until late.i am thinking they had lots of opportunity over years, lots and lots because i was too thick to realise that you cant trust no one. wont happen again i tell you. never gonna trust anyone but me unless they find a way to read minds.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

i woke up to her this morning and we were all cuddly and happy and didnt think a thing was wrong with world she is savage,job is savage,life is savage,thinks stupid me all the while she is thinking of her fella the night before when we were betting busy.that really stings to think that we ahve had sex 2 times since sunday and she was off with someone,maybe my best mate,maybe not,but i feel DIRTY now.sorry girls if i seem like a prick but thats how i feel,unclean or something.
    so do i confront mate or what with this,surely i have enough to go on or do get more info first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

OP this isn't the first thread you've created on PI is it?

Quit trolling PI with your made up stories. The fact that you are making up fantasies to gain reactions from people is deserving of a PI thread on its own.

Sorry guys but this is a troll, I'll leave this open for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Maybe if it was a one night stand but she has obviously been with this person a while "back to sneaking around" shich constitutes an actual affair/relationship

she knows him well enough to go away with him for the weekend and knows him long enough to tell him she loves him so i dunno........

also the fact that she had so little regard for her partner as to treat him like a dumb ass thinking he would believe that a mate sent the text with all the co-incidences mentioned in previous posts about her mate been away the same weekend, having a sister to cover her story (a sister she was supposed to be with) and the fact that if you are using someone elses phone you would normally put your signature on the end so the person knows who themessage is from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

This is awful harsh.

I don't have much to add except that if you've been living together long enough there is some common law spouse legislation that comes into play. I'm no expert so talk to you solicitor before panicing but she could well get half your gaff anyway and perhaps maintenance.

Gordon wrote:

Quit trolling PI with your made up stories. The fact that you are making up fantasies to gain reactions from people is deserving of a PI thread on its own.

?

who the hell are you to accuse me of this and what is that other thread? i post on gaming threads a lot and can give my real ID if someone asks for it?prefer not to but if needed will.i aint no troll and i dont want to die like that other post so whats your dig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

?

who the hell are you to accuse me of this and what is that other thread? i post on gaming threads a lot and can give my real ID if someone asks for it?prefer not to but if needed will.i aint no troll and i dont want to die like that other post so whats your dig?
    My dig is that I'm a mod on this forum and, yes, I'd like you to PM me from your current account. I will respect your privacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

?

THe mods can see your IP address, so I would imagine you are posting from a computer with the same IP address as that other poster.

So if its not you, and you are not in an internet cafe for that last 6 hours, you might want to check your flat-mate/brother/father is ok ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Well if this is a true story and the updates are true, the OP needs to distance himself pronto from his ex-gf. The silence will be tough but it will hurt her alot more than you giving agro.

As for your best mate, best thing to do us to call his bluff and tell him that she told u everything. His reaction will say it all.

If this is a true story, i feel for u, but if its not im sure its a common occurence in the noughties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Ensure that you get some money and sex out of her before you dump her.

(don't ban me!)
    sullivk wrote:
    Is she at home now?? If not just go home, call out the locksmith, get locks changed, put her belongings in black bags n throw them in the garden!
    lol, and it's pissing rain now as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Gordon wrote:

I had a feeling this was going to happen, it’s something about the way the op writes? Almost as if to elicit as emotional a response as possible?

If I'm wrong I apologise.
    It is a pretty crazy story though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

hmmmmm...the mods have a point....
    Is he a troll??
    Tell us mods, TELL US!! :eek:
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Pfft, tbh, if he isnt, id guess the txt might not have been a mistake. Unless his partner is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Prolly being very naivé here but is it possible that both posters are behind the same company firewall?

He did mention he's in work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If he's not a troll, he also needs to ask himself how things had got so bad that she was looking elsewhere and how come the first he realised that she was playing away was this text. Maybe he doesn't pay much attention to her in general?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Prolly being very naivé here but is it possible that both posters are behind the same company firewall?

You mean proxy and yes its quite possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Are u still there OP???
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

Even if he is a troll I am sure it has happened to many guys before, so at least if it happens to one of us on this thread we have a head start on the Mrs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Originally Posted by secret_squirrel

You mean proxy and yes its quite possible

Some crack in that office I'd say..

If the OP is found out to be a troll I'd vote for a move to the thunderdome..
    If not, as I said earlier - things will improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Isn't it funny how so much had happened in the couple of hours since he posted to the last post he made. It just doesn't add up, at first at 4pm he didnt know how to confront her, by 6 he confronter her and she's in tears etc. Things don't add up here at all and the suspicion of a troll is all too evident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rubberhead

Actually ...good point.

Who.....after being with a partner for 8 years and then receives a message like that .....would be on here chatting about it in fairness?!!

Maybe, if it was a couple of weeks after the event ....or even if it was just after getting the text, like in this case, but to come back on here to update everyone (and it would've had to have been pretty soon after he chatted to her too)

It would be the last thing on most peoples minds I imagine....would be in my case anyway! Dunno...the more I think about it, the more it sounds highly fishy.

Apologies if it isn't.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am locking this thread until the op gets back to Gordon and Gordon can make a call wether to unlock it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The other poster claimed to be at home from work dying from paracetemol ingestion, so I doubt they are both behind the same company IP address. Did seem that things were working a little too like clockwork, especially with the introduction of the whole best friend bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement