Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best steak in dublin

Options
  • 15-08-2006 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

simple where does the best steak in dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Unequivocably, Shanahan's.

Just make sure you can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Obviously Pighead can't give a definitive answer to this question as he hasn't been to every Restaurant in Dublin but I can give you my personal preference and that would be Trocaderos(can't rememember what street but its close to O'Neills on Suffolk St.

Its a bit pricey in there but its a cracking restaurant and Pighead hasn't tasted better steak so far. Yum Yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Fxb, crow st, temple bar.

The restruant is owned byt the chain of butchers so the meat is wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Thaedydal wrote:
    Fxb, crow st, temple bar.

The restruant is owned byt the chain of butchers so the meat is wonderful.
    I had a filet steak there recently that was no more than okay. I'm dying to try Shanahan's but I find that as a confirmed member of singledom it's harder to get myself into nice resaurants these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Ate in shanahans for my sisters graduation, beautiful food, didn't have the steak though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I really enjoy spur - Liffey Valleys steaks , certainly no michelin star , but a great steak at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

a bit out of the way but The Hangmans Pub in Milltown, Kildare has the best steak I ever tasted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

had a great steak, one of the best in the Harbourmaster over by the IFSC. Probably best i've had in Dublin.

But really you wanna hit Budapest (best steak i've ever had, can't rememner restaurant name but it was in List Ferenc Square). It was Argentinian Beef (the stuff you can't get in Ireland cos we have much stricter laws on cattle treatment (ie in Argentina they pump the cattle full of hormones, etc...to make the meat really juicy). It was phenomenal, never had beef like it. The girlfriend was a bit embarassed by my reaction i think. (bordering on orgasmic, i think a little love-wee might have actually popped out :D )

But i guess thats not much help to ya on the dublin front!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My best two are:

The Priory Restaurant at The Kilgowan Inn (near Castledermot on the N9.
    The Man O' War Restaurant near Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I believe Shanahan's is regarded as the best, must try it sometime.

Best I've had are Kingswood country house, used to be out the Naas rd. but now sadly closed, and Beckett's in Leixlip. Btw I'm only talking about fillet steak, I don't go for T-bones and ribeyes and all that nonsense. If it's good I want nothing left on my plate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

milltown wrote:
    Btw I'm only talking about fillet steak, I don't go for T-bones and ribeyes and all that nonsense. If it's good I want nothing left on my plate!
    T-bone is a fillet and a sirloin joined together. Try to be informed before you attempt pretension. ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Shabadu wrote:
    T-bone is a fillet and a sirloin joined together. Try to be informed before you attempt pretension. ;p

Um...huh? That's like saying a burger is just a peice of beef that's minced. While it might technically be right it's completely missing the point! And wtf with pretension!? All milltown said was that he/she didn't want anything left on their plate?
    Sirloin: fatty rind (unless you actually eat that, which I have seen done :eek: ) T-bone: Well I guess the answer is in the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

frobisher wrote:
    Um...huh? That's like saying a burger is just a peice of beef that's minced. While it might technically be right it's completely missing the point! And wtf with pretension!? All milltown said was that he/she didn't want anything left on their plate?
    Sirloin: fatty rind (unless you actually eat that, which I have seen done :eek: ) T-bone: Well I guess the answer is in the name!
    'If it's good'? He was implying a T-bone was a cheap cut. T-bone is a bloody marvellous cut.

Waiter: And how would you like your steak sir?
    Hill Billy: Just chop off its horns & wipe its ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 reddyreddy

the best steak ive found in dublin is in renards steak bar. its got like about 8 steaks to choose from. ive eaten there like five times lately and everytime they were excellent. Big juicy steaks. not so expensive compared to others in town. Although no steaks on sundays :-(

reddyreddy wrote:
    the best steak ive found in dublin is in renards steak bar. its got like about 8 steaks to choose from. ive eaten there like five times lately and everytime they were excellent. Big juicy steaks. not so expensive compared to others in town. Although no steaks on sundays :-(

Shill. Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Shanahan's will cook your steak to perfection. The whole experience is fantastic - the service, the rooms, the list goes on. It all adds up to a great dinner out.

It might not be in Dublin -
    Is Kildare - near enough??

But the Hereford beef served in The Village at Lyons is very very tasty. They really know how to cook their meat too.

I've only been once, but the sirloin (left on the T, without the fillet) in Fire restaurant is also quear tasty. I've never been back, so I cannot say if they are consistant. I'm not sure if it is even still on the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

The rib eye in l'Gueleton - oh my god - gorgeous!

Darwins on Aungier Street is ass spankingly good too...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimmyv

Shabadu wrote: »

It's actually called porterhouse......Try to be informed before you attempt pretension ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I had a medium Rib Eye in Hogs and Heifers at Airside the other week, and while the restaurant has its problems with service and the like, the steak was actually excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Amazed no one has mentioned the Chop House, I was very impressed with it. One of the best I ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Zombie thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm not sure the Chop House was around in 2006, unlike this thread. Jimmyv, welcome to the forum. Have a look at the dates on a thread before posting in them, this ones a zombie.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement