Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Honda Civic

Options
  • 15-08-2006 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Thinking about buying a new Honda civic but after checking three Honda garages i have found that they are unwilling to give up very much in the way of a cash discount. It costs €23k, no small amount. The most i could get was €500 off a car with metallic paint or €1000 with non metallic paint. Is this a fairly good deal? The sales reps tell me that civics are in short supply at the moment and that each garage only gets a limited allocation. Sounds like bs to me.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

A friend of mine bought one earlier this for his wife. he's in the motor trade in Dublin himself and he couldn't get a discount and had to wait 6 weeks to get his. He loves it, got 60 mpg on a trip to limerick with it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I don't care how good the economy or build is. The hatch looks like something a dog would throw up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

ye its true my da was lookin at one at the start of the year and was told the same thing.
    i hope you are getting the v-tec!!! the 1.4 has such a **** finish,no triangular exhausts, no alloys, crap interior. my da go the last model new in febuary in 1.4 ,much better car. but the v-tec is the **** and with the typeR out next year, i cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Who in their right mind would buy an old model Civic in 06? (no offence!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I like it but no 1.6 petrol engine. Only a 1.4 (sluggish) & a 1.8. The diesel is 2.2 which is a bit big IMO for this sector given our tax laws.

I was surprised when I saw the saloon - previous Civic saloons have been fugly but it's quite handsome (& large)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I was talking to a honda dealer today and he said he is finding it very hard to fill the orders he already has, so dont expect a huge discount, if you dont pay full whack someone else will!

I was talking to a honda dealer today and he said he is finding it very hard to fill the orders he already has, so dont expect a huge discount, if you dont pay full whack someone else will!

I can understand this on the Saloon which is a nice car and there's a guy in Limerick using one as a taxi that I got one night/morning when I wasn't driving for obvious reasons.

He said it's much more refined than the 05 which he had one of aswel and has a 6speed gearbox which lets it purr even at motorway speed.

It was a lovely car to get a lift in, but the hatch is ugly as sin and like the Wayne's World GMC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jcatony

The other car i was looking at was the Citroen C4. Any thoughts?

jcatony wrote:

I believe it has been compared to dynamyte in a match factory;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

colm_mcm wrote:
    Who in their right mind would buy an old model Civic in 06? (no offence!)

coz i had a better spec than the 1.4 new civic, i.e alloys, air con, was also larger and was milano red:D and he got it for e9,000 + a 2001 civic saloon 1.4, thats why:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

jcatony wrote:

I really like the C4 and C6 - real Citroens...

Wouldn't buy one though. Autocar had a C4 on long-term test last year & it gave a lot of trouble as far as I remember...

A 1.6 110bhp diesel C4 would be a sensible & stylish buy if quality/residuals were up to scatch.

Advertisement