Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Promiscuous Girl

• 15-08-2006 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Right, recently my friends have been telling me that when I get drunk apparrently I act like one of the biggest/most obvious flirts with any fella I'm talking to. See my problem is when I'm pissed, I lose all aspect of space and when I'm talking to people will lean into them or touch brush off them, just basically invade their personal space.I don't mean to do it, it's just the way I act and I never even mean to appear as if I'm trying to flirt. It just comes across this way. When I heard this I was not happy and I realise I have to stop because I'm never like this when I'm sober.....I just don't know how......
    Any suggestions? Anyone?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Stop drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't think a whole lot of people have much control over their actions when they are drunk, thats not saying they are not responsible for their actions. Maybe ease up on the drink. Moving this to PI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Roll with it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Jesus. I have never ever ever in my life ever heard of a single case of a girl getting more flirtacious because of alcohol.
    Nope. Not ever.
    Thank God.
    Nor have I ever heard of bitchy women being bitchy to their friends for no reason before.
    Flirt on Space Lover!
    I'd buy ya a drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Just be yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

yeah, as said stop drinking, or stop listening to your friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Stop drinking so much.

Does anyone ever understand what dr.bollocko is on about ???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

HA! Like irish people can stop drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

A lot of girls are like this with a few beers!

IF you dont want to stop drinking just cut down and learn what your limit is. It usually only takes one to push you over the edge.

I wouldnt worry about it too much unless you are groping men you have no interest in, that will get you into trouble!

But most people like to flirt and have a laugh when they are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

A person that acts like a fvckin gob****e when locked?

Theres a first

[/sarcasm]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

HA! Like irish people can stop drinking.

Eh? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Trinity1 wrote:
    A lot of girls are like this with a few beers!

IF you dont want to stop drinking just cut down and learn what your limit is. It usually only takes one to push you over the edge.

I wouldnt worry about it too much unless you are groping men you have no interest in, that will get you into trouble!

But most people like to flirt and have a laugh when they are out.
    Ah I'm not gropin them now..I just flirt when I'm actually just trying to talk to them..see I don't think I'm flirting I think I'm talking and then the next day I'm told that I looked like I was "tryna get stuck in" when really I was just trying to hold a conversation...

spiderlegs wrote:
    Ah I'm not gropin them now..I just flirt when I'm actually just trying to talk to them..see I don't think I'm flirting I think I'm talking and then the next day I'm told that I looked like I was "tryna get stuck in" when really I was just trying to hold a conversation...

Ok, well then either stop drinking, (since you don't know what you're doing), or stop worrying about what everyone thinks and get on with enjoying yourself. Straight forward really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Well then your not really doing anything wrong as long as no one gets hurt including you.

so if you are not happy with it either cut down on the amount you are drinking or get some friends that accept you for who you are and dont criticize you or put you down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Promiscuity implies sex, no? You are not having sex with these people are you?
    A lot of people get touchy-feely when drunk, me too. You shouldn't worry about it unless you think it may get you into trouble with the lads' girlfriends etc.

Drink less or stand at arms length from people.
    Get a friend to tell you when it happens so you can take a step back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Just don't get a boyfriend..

biko wrote:
    Promiscuity implies sex, no? You are not having sex with these people are you?
    A lot of people get touchy-feely when drunk, me too. You shouldn't worry about it unless you think it may get you into trouble with the lads' girlfriends etc.

Drink less or stand at arms length from people.
    Get a friend to tell you when it happens so you can take a step back.
    I just said promiscuous cause of the nelly furtado song.....:o
    Thanks for the advice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Your friends sound like bitches, who are probably jealous because you're flirting with the fellas and they're not. Keep doing what you're doing. I bet the men don't have a problem with it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

spiderlegs wrote:
    Right, recently my friends have been telling me that when I get drunk apparrently I act like one of the biggest/most obvious flirts with any fella I'm talking to. See my problem is when I'm pissed, I lose all aspect of space and when I'm talking to people will lean into them or touch brush off them, just basically invade their personal space.I don't mean to do it, it's just the way I act and I never even mean to appear as if I'm trying to flirt. It just comes across this way. When I heard this I was not happy and I realise I have to stop because I'm never like this when I'm sober.....I just don't know how......
    This is a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Oopps. I replied to this from after hours with a smart answer not really suitable for PI.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i think your out of character flirtatious/promiscuous nature is a symptom of an underlying alcohol problem. Especially if you dont recall doing it. I recommend talking to your GP or visiting the AA. you'd be amazed at how many young people attend the meetings.

faceman wrote:
    i think your out of character flirtatious/promiscuous nature is a symptom of an underlying alcohol problem. Especially if you dont recall doing it. I recommend talking to your GP or visiting the AA. you'd be amazed at how many young people attend the meetings.

Extreme much? Everyone is more relaxed when they get a few jars into them, that doesn't mean we're all alcoholics :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

What, specifically, is the problem?

Is it that you don't want to lead guys on? Or is it that you don't want to be flirtatious? Or that you don't like the reputation/opinion your friends have of you?

A couple of other thoughts: fuzzywiggle is right to an extent. Your friends could be jealous because you're getting more attention.

Also, a lot of people who aren't highly socially inept assume any conversation between a man and a woman is "trying it on with them". Of course, these are usually the socially inept people that can't switch from a "normal" conversation to a "flirtatious/sexual" one. So it could be a problem with how they are perceiving interactions.

Finally there's absolutely nothing wrong with physical contact. Touching and connection help make an experience real for people.
    Just don't get a boyfriend

I don't get this. Don't get a boyfriend who'll get jealous if your social and enjoy talking to other people. I'd advice anyone to stay out of a relationship where the other partner is jealous of you showing attention to people other than them.

Colm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Extreme much? Everyone is more relaxed when they get a few jars into them, that doesn't mean we're all alcoholics :rolleyes:

who mentioned anything about being an alcoholic. I said that there could be an underlying alcohol problem. :rolleyes:

faceman wrote:
    I never said I don't recall doing it, I just said I dont <i>realise</i> I'm flirting..I never said anything about not remembering things.

What, specifically, is the problem?

Is it that you don't want to lead guys on? Or is it that you don't want to be flirtatious? Or that you don't like the reputation/opinion your friends have of you?

Colm

It's that I don't want to end up with the reputation of bein a "flirt",
    I just want to try and keep my flirting under control! I don't want to lead guys on either, half the time I consider myself to be holding a normal conversation only to be told the next day that it "didn't look like that". I just need to curb the flirtiness but I don't know how, hence the postin' of this thread!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

spiderlegs wrote:

u have two options
    1. give up the booze or
    2. how about another drink? ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't really see the problem unless you just feel bad for the guys that might like you, because they think you are flirting with them.
    Your reason for stopping doesn't sound like a convincing one, just go with teh flow.
    I'm pretty sure you don't get as touchy feely as me when drunk, hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Spiderlegs: is there a clue in the name?

They need to be hollow for good drinking sessions

This a serious problem.
    get one of these friends to make a video of u in action, post it up here, we will have a look and sort of have Spiderlegs, ur a star contest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ircoha, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

It sounds like your friends are jealous.

Lets discuss this further over a drink (I'll join the queue) :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

its not like your doing it on purpose, most of your friends probably think your just saying this, just ignore their silly comments but take it on baord that maybe just maybe you would be better to stop before you start to lose all understanding of personal space. just think of how you might feel if some drunk guy came over to you and came into your space, uninvited....

you will be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

"I don't get this. Don't get a boyfriend who'll get jealous if your social and enjoy talking to other people. I'd advice anyone to stay out of a relationship where the other partner is jealous of you showing attention to people other than them."

by the sounds of it, the girl would forget her bf and invade other guys "space". How would you feel if your gf did that? - and probably never talked to you while drinking

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

so what - everyone gets flirthy with a few drinks if you are not sleeping with 10 different guys a night - what's the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

You sound exactly like a girl I fancy.
    I suppose it's the drink. But drink is great. I have no idea what you should do.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

faceman wrote:

eh!!!! take a chill pill - the whole point of alcohol is to lower inhabitions - seeessh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Your friends sound like bitches, who are probably jealous because you're flirting with the fellas and they're not. Keep doing what you're doing. I bet the men don't have a problem with it. ;)

The issue is if the OP has a problem with, not her friends i think, so **** her friends.

OP, if you don;t like it drink less, or sometimes being more concious of such things makes it easier to control.

If you don't mind then go with it. Be who you want to be.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

irishbird wrote:
    eh!!!! take a chill pill

maybe better to take THE pill and go with the flow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

spiderlegs wrote:

Relax and dont sweat it. Your not promiscuous by the sounds of things unless your getting laid every other night. And tell the friends to fúck off. They sound very square if they regard you flirting as being a bad thing.

I flirt with everything that moves. No hang ups about it though.
    spiderlegs wrote:
    I don't want to lead guys on either

Not your responsibility to worry about what someone else is thinking. Only retards go away thinking "the cóck tease. She led me on all night then wouldnt shag me".

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

'Promiscuous' would mean you are casual and unrestrained in sexual behaviour. Unless you are 'putting it about' you are not being promiscuous, just flirty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement