Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small concrete delivery

Options
  • 15-08-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I just dug out the trenches for the foundations for the new garden wall I’ll be getting built. I had planned on mixing and pouring the concrete for the foundations with a cement mixer but the trenches turned out pretty deep, as I felt the soil was just way too soft to stop until I got to something a bit harder. It’s roughly 8 metres of foundation, about 600mm wide by 400mm. I know a normal foundation should be 3 times the thickness of the wall but to be honest it looks like more than enough for a simple garden wall. Thing is, it looks like too much cement to be worthwhile mixing by hand.

But it’s not exactly a huge amount either so I’m wondering if there’s any companies that would deliver premixed concrete in smallish amounts, I’d guess between 1.5 and 2 cubic metres. It’s right beside the road so a pump isn’t necessary – I could pour it straight off the lorry into the trenches and rake it around. Does anyone know who I should call for this one, and would they deliver on a Saturday, and roughly what should I be paying? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I just dug out the trenches for the foundations for the new garden wall I’ll be getting built. I had planned on mixing and pouring the concrete for the foundations with a cement mixer but the trenches turned out pretty deep, as I felt the soil was just way too soft to stop until I got to something a bit harder. It’s roughly 8 metres of foundation, about 600mm wide by 400mm. I know a normal foundation should be 3 times the thickness of the wall but to be honest it looks like more than enough for a simple garden wall. Thing is, it looks like too much cement to be worthwhile mixing by hand.

But it’s not exactly a huge amount either so I’m wondering if there’s any companies that would deliver premixed concrete in smallish amounts, I’d guess between 1.5 and 2 cubic metres. It’s right beside the road so a pump isn’t necessary – I could pour it straight off the lorry into the trenches and rake it around. Does anyone know who I should call for this one, and would they deliver on a Saturday, and roughly what should I be paying? Thanks.

Hi
    Where u based pm me and i might be able to help u out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Minimix lorries are quite common now, they usually carry around 3 m3 per load, so they could easily do your founds, I had one recently and I think it was something like 90 euro a metre or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Just in time Concrete 458 0321.
    Should change their name to "Never on time Concrete" though!

Advertisement