Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toll Bridge Bollards

Options
  • 15-08-2006 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I think it would be a great idea if they put those bollards down on the right-most easy pass lane on the the Toll Plaze appoach all the way from the beginning of the lane. Every day I see more and more people use it as a rat-run up to the top of the queue and then cause a tailback because people wont let them back into the pay-lanes. A long loud blast of the horn is usually called for. Whats the big deal with signing up to Easy Pass anyway. Its not that difficult and makes M50 hell just that bit easier.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Drax wrote:
    I think it would be a great idea if they put those bollards down on the right-most easy pass lane on the the Toll Plaze appoach all the way from the beginning of the lane. Every day I see more and more people use it as a rat-run up to the top of the queue and then cause a tailback because people wont let them back into the pay-lanes. A long loud blast of the horn is usually called for. Whats the big deal with signing up to Easy Pass anyway. Its not that difficult and makes M50 hell just that bit easier.
    Reckon they should have half the lanes Easypass, and there should be a much earlier commitment to getting in lane. One attendant to take cash from the chancers who pick the wrong lane - with a possible fine to pay.

They should start Easypass at a more realistic level too. Say €20 to buy in...

Easypass is NOT being utilised or promoted effectively!

That said I am against the whole toll-in-the-middle concept and am more pro toll on-exit. There are ways this could be economically viable - its just that no-one in goverment (that I am aware of) has the balls to enforce this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Well the palmerstown entrance, which is the one I would use to get to the toll has a long line of bollards in the left entry lane all the way to the booths, to use easy pass means crossing 4 lanes of heavy traffic and then if i remember correctly, I would have to negotiate another set to get into the easypass lane. Unless of course there is an easypass on the left that I haven't noticed. All in all,not very well thought out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Easypass works in every lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dubtom wrote:
    Unless of course there is an easypass on the left that I haven't noticed. All in all,not very well thought out.

As Bond-007 says Easy Pass is available in each lane. How do you think the trucks manage? They have to use the left lanes and most have Easy Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

How bizarre, I was going to post exactly the same thing as the OP after witnessing (at about 8pm last night, unusually huge queues Northbound) every cretin and his/her mother doing exactly what the OP describes. A few people fought the good fight and refused to let them back in at the top of the pay lane (which unfairly makes people in the Eazypass lane wait) but at least the culprits got bombarded with a cacophony of horn action. Excuse my French, but these people aren't dsylexic (EAZYPASS LANE), what on earth makes them think they have the right - CU@NTS...

Reminder - Must restore my Eazypass status.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Great minds Gatster.... great minds :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Update on the way home from work - waiting in the pay lane next to the eazypass one on the phone to work (on the crap new bt headset from work) and to be honest not paying attention to what was going on in the eazypass lane.
    Get right to the end where the bollards begin (literally my front bumper is at the first bollard) and some C@NT in new merc van is just sat there inching towards me wing. Suddenly there is sh!t loads of horn action and I rolled gently forward (couldn't have let him if he wanted to).
    He was obviously a bit annoyed a being such a tw@t as when the person behind me let him in to alleviate the stress of the eazypassers the tool drove into the metal sign, hopefully causing severe damage to his (company owned) van. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I abused a fella in a Punto a few weeks ago who went up the Eazy pass and at the last minute had to get back into the normal lane and held me and others up. Unlucky for him, his actions meant I was stopped in traffic right beside him, albeit my passenger window next to his side - I was more than loud enough for him to hear.

Really annoys everyone who has bothered to go and get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hmmm, time to cordon off that lane completely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

same deal with weaving, a lot of people do it. everyone would get there quicker if all these cu@nts weaving and skipping queues just took their place and tried to be patient. makes me mad as fcuk when I see someone blocking up the easypass lane to those of us who made the slight effort to buy easypass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement