Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N61 "a few questions"

• 15-08-2006 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting an E61 on Vodafone, a few questions

1 can i use the internet to view a cctv system over a broadband speed connection (3G?) not using wifi
    2 can the above be done while roaming
    3 can i recive and send emails while roaming

And

4 do vodafone do a package that allows me to have the above setup for a fixed price for unlimited use

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

Don't you mean d E61.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

afaik the only unlimited Data package Vodafone currently do is the one that comes with the 3G PCcard for a laptop.

Now obviously you can stick the Sim in any 3G phone and get the data, but you will get screwed on voice and Texts.

Afaik there isnt any way currently to combine the unlimited data tarif with another one.

Basically you are looking a needing 2 phones, or at least 2 sims 1 for data and 1 for voice.

There are a couple of threads doing the rounds about voda's new data package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Looking at getting an E61 on Vodafone, a few questions

1 can i use the internet to view a cctv system over a broadband speed connection (3G?) not using wifi

And

4 do vodafone do a package that allows me to have the above setup for a fixed price for unlimited use

1 yes but depends on the CCTV system ..only one type of CCTV is currently supported by mobile phone..(for moving picture anyway a lot of them will do jpegs that you just refresh)
    2 yes it can so long as you have gprs coverage ..regardless of 2.5 g or 3 G
    3 yes easily done
    4 As far as I know the data unlimeted package is limited to a data card only and voice is through the roof .. Open to correction on that though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Yes and Yes, but it'll cost ya....

Voda used to do a flat rate package for European Data roaming. Im not sure if you can combine it with the All you can eat data package though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

The 3g network supports speeds UP TO 384 kbps. I doubt this will allow you any way decent viewing of a cctv system only it's a jpeg refrshing one as mentioned.

Interesting suggestion on the mobile connect card sim slotted into the phone. Wonder if it makes a difference that the laptop dials into gprs and do Vodafone distinguish between that for data and normal phone gprs settings. One wonders!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

buddy wrote:
    The 3g network supports speeds UP TO 384 kbps. I doubt this will allow you any way decent viewing of a cctv system only it's a jpeg refrshing one as mentioned.

Interesting suggestion on the mobile connect card sim slotted into the phone. Wonder if it makes a difference that the laptop dials into gprs and do Vodafone distinguish between that for data and normal phone gprs settings. One wonders!!!

The Allnet CCTV system (Mpeg4) can even on 2.5 g can get up to 5 frames per second and on 3 g can get 18 +frames per sec...Available in Ireland..

Advertisement