Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Box Office Free to air at the moment?

• 15-08-2006 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, just read on another forum that sky box office is FTA at the moment. I just checked and it true at this moment in time. Strange thing is that it's coming up as NDS encrypted ! No other sky channels are like this, but probable won't last long.

Channel location TP12090V SR:27500

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

I can't seem to get this, but then again I'm a newbie so I'm probably doing something wrong. I'm trying to access it on Astra 2 and input the transponder and SR, FEC details as supplied but still get a blank. Are the VPID and APID important?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

he didn't give you the FEC.
    PIDs shouldn't make any difference.

you might take it to the ICDG satellite forum.
    they know a lot about Sky over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

FEC is 2/3

It is now on www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

Scroll down to TP20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Well because its FTA I was assuming I should be able to 'tune in' using my Lidl FTA kit -Comag SL55. I don't have Sky. But I've probably misunderstood?

Well because its FTA I was assuming I should be able to 'tune in' using my Lidl FTA kit -Comag SL55

I'm kind of new to this also as I only setup this system 2 weeks ago but I would assume you could too! You can't view them on a sky digibox but any other receiver should be ok.

It's got about 10 of their channels - they show previews first and then the films. They start on the hour or half hour depending on the channel. I'm at work not so I don't know if it's still FTA but I check when I go home and let you know then.

• Advertisement

The channels are back scrambled again. Good while it lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Bugger. I'll have to keep a blank tape in the video all the time in case they come back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ah sure box office has crap on it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Hagar wrote:
    Bugger. I'll have to keep a blank tape in the video all the time in case they come back on.

Don't bother, Sky Box Office uses some sort of Macrovison encoding which means you can't record it. I once ever ordered a movie of it last summer "The Terminal" and I tried to record but failed. That was on my VCR anyway, I'm not sure what dealio is HDD recorders, DVD Recorders and PVR's etc.

The sky boxoffice channels (as before) are broadcasting clear again.

They come as TV1 - 12090V Astra, TV 2 - 12090V Astra etc on my Technomate.

Setting as before Astra 28.2 TP 12090V SR27500 FEC5/6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Nice one.

Sky boxes are hiding it I think.

Sparky-s wrote:
    Nice one.

Sky boxes are hiding it I think.

Yes only on non Sky boxes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Omigod Walk the line on fta (faint) doubt this will last too long :) :0 :0 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

gone again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Hi all-
    4 or 5 SBO are back on since this afternoon but still screeming the same as last time-lets hope for some new material soon....guess beggars cant be choosers?
    Enjoy it while it lasts...

Advertisement