Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which phone next??

• 15-08-2006 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey,

At the moment I have a Nokia 6230 and need to change it because it sometime goes from a full battery to one bar when it connects to a call and just has terrible battery life anyway (year and a half old at this stage).

I am on meteor prepay and my upgrade options are
    • Nokia 6230i
    • Sony Ericsson K750i
    • Motorola V3

Or just keep it, cause I'm kinda fond of it.

I like the format of my nokia but the K750i seems like a very good phone.

Anyone got any experience of the above phones?

Which would you suggest?

Thanks

Which phone as upgrade? 17 votes

Nokia 6230i
    0% 0 votes
    Sony Ericsson K750i
    35% 6 votes
    Motorola V3
    64% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I'd go for the 6230I if any. I love the K750i but preferred the look and feel of the K700i if that makes sense. But then again, from a 6230 to a 6230i you're not making much change. Better camera is the one real difference and the better navigation key. Find more options!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Avoid the V3. I prefer Nokias myself but the K750i is much better feature wise then the 6230i.

I wouldn't really bother going from a 6230 to a 6230i anyway - they are mostly identical apart from the camera, which you will only notice when looking at pictures on a screen other then the phones.

I'd say definately go with the K750i unless you're one of those people that takes weeks to find out what "this button does" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lt Smash

Looked at the V3 in the shop, I reckon I would have broke it in a day!!

6230i was too like my old phone

So I ended up getting the K750i. It is a great phone. I cant say enough good things about it. The camera is amazing and has a load of different effects you can use.

Have it four days now and I'm still finding new features. Came with a 128mb card, headphones and data cable.

I would tell anyone who is thinking of changing their phone to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

either get the 6280 or the 6233 there the next version after the 6230i. if you have insurance then make a claim and they will send you out the 6280.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

MB44 wrote:
    either get the 6280 or the 6233 there the next version after the 6230i. if you have insurance then make a claim and they will send you out the 6280.

Eh... no they won't. Meteor don't sell the 6280.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'd go for the nokia, loverly phone.

Advertisement