Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1.4 patch delayed..whats new?

• 15-08-2006 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Well it appears that some last minute bugs have arisen in the latest Battlefield 2 patch and it is going to be delayed. Here's what they had to say:
    Due to some last minute changes the release of the 1.4 patch has been delayed.

We do not anticipate this delay being a lengthy one, however we do not have a fixed date for release at this time.

We will update you as soon as there is further information.

Apologies to those who were expecting the patch today, however in order for this patch to succeed in the way it is intended a little extra time is being taken to ensure it is right.

We understand that this is going to cause a significant amount of aggravation, however it is worth ensuring that the patch actually resolves as many issues as possible. So some additional time is being taken to ensure that this is the case.

This last thing we want is a repeat of the 1.3 patch.

Protagonist
    Community Manager
    EA Games

Source: EA UK Forums
    It has also been reported over at Battlefield2.nl that the patch will only be delayed for 24 hours. Here's what they had to say:
    Although the patch was announced to be released today (by EA Spain), it seems a small bug has been found and needs to be fixed before patch release. The release of patch 1.4 has been postponed 24 hours in order to allow more testing and the fix of this small bug.

Source: Battlefield2.nl
    That's the news for now. If we learn anymore about this delay we will certainly let you guys know. Better a fixed to perfection patch, than a buggy one being released.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

People over on the total bf2 forums seem to have what they call a hidden update that suggests it will be released today

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_081606

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90849

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

There's a server or two running 1.4 as I type so if the GSP's are getting it then the client patch should be out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Server patch was out a few days ago lads so thats no real sign. Theres nothing official from EA yet so I doubt we'll see the patch this evening.

http://www.gamershell.com/news/32113.html

Battlefield 2 v1.4 Patch Details
    By at 07:53 on August the 16th, 2006

Patch coming today!
    Electronic Arts announced a short delay of the patch which should have been released yesterday, as a new issue came up that needed to be addressed. As usual, once their QA approves it, they'll give green light to its distribution. All this shouldn't take long, so probably later today we'll have it available for download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Ponster wrote:
    As usual, once their QA approves it, they'll give green light to its distribution.

Like they have any QA .

;)

9 or so patches and the game is even more fooked up now than when it came out.Bring back the memory leaks.Thanks again EA/DICE .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Only another week to go, guys :rolleyes:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=84626

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Could there be any truth that they are holding it till september and a new round of 3 month server leases ?
    It wouldn't surprise me but on the server side of things i can't really say i know much except !change mash and !restart. :P

Hearsay and rumour from some of the server providers "mates" suggest that they were ready to impliment the 1.4 on the servers when the call came to hold off .

This morning a webpage with today's date was posted leading people to believe that the patch was coming out. EASmoothie posted this about it.

" Hiya!

Just wanted to comment. This was the page that would have been made available had the patch been released per plan.

But when the issue was discovered, the other statement was posted instead. But trying to save time, I kept the original page up. My mistake. Since y'all love surfing my web directory, I won't make this mistake in the future.

But rest assured, you'll see that info again and will have download links when available.

Cheers!

~ Smoothie "

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=102364&tstart=0

Gamespy have said that the 1.4 patch has been delayed by abiout 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Think we'll see the patch today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

who knows but EA downloader did update last night that might be an indication of something.

While it's true that there has been ZERO info from EA since last Tuesday that isn't at all unlike them.

There has been only 1 patch I think where we got notice in advance of a release date. Most of the time the patch is put on the EA ftp servers before the Community Update appears on their website.

Ponster wrote:
    Most of the time the patch is put on the EA ftp servers before the Community UPdate appears on their website.
    I have largedownloads.ea.com on speed dial.... :p

As some of you know, the EA Downloader updated this morning. One of the updates was this :

eagamesbf2-2006online_contentbf2-patch-1_4_partial.eam
    eagamesbf2-2006online_contentbf2-patch-1_4_full.eam

Which you find here :

\Program Files\ELECTRONIC ARTS\EA Downloader\cache\*profile*

So while I have no date it does look like they're ready to release it.

If anyone is interested, you just need to open the

eagamesbf2-2006online_contentbf2-patch-1_4_full.eam file, edit one line and you can download the patch in advance.

It's useless unless you have a server to play it on though :)

can u extract a link?

Ponster wrote:
    If anyone is interested, you just need to open the

eagamesbf2-2006online_contentbf2-patch-1_4_full.eam file, edit one line and you can download the patch in advance.

It's useless unless you have a server to play it on though :)

What about enlightening the more stupid of us here , namely me , what line ?

Forget about it , I compared it with another file and saw the difference . :)

Can you get a link? I'd like to download it in work on uber fast connection if I can.

• Advertisement

I don't think there is a link , it only seems to be in the EAD for now :(

ok cheers, I'll wait till I get home.

Just realised that it could be the 'bad' patch from last week :)

Ponster wrote:
    Just realised that it could be the 'bed' patch from last week :)

Downloading = yes ,
    Installing = .....not so much

Holding tough for a while

Hmmm, well I may have bad news.

Last Monday I found a server (BATTLEFIELD.CZ #3 |City Only| SkyNet) running 1.4 and told everyone that the patch was coming out soon.

Well it seems that the patch I just downloaded has the same version as that server from last week (1.1.2961-793.0) so I think it may be the 'bad' patch that I just downloaded.

Pft! Call yourself a mod?! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

irlrobins wrote:
    Pft! Call yourself a mod?! :p

a beta testing mod no less! you should know better Ponster :D

LAMO.

Well either way i'm playing BF2 1.4 on a ranked server and you're not :p

I wonder if I can find this bug that they mentioned.......

p.s. More bad news. I don't like BF2 anymore after BF2142. How am I supposed to kill anyone if I don't have a personal shield and AT mines that follow the enemy tanks? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

Ponster wrote:
    p.s. More bad news. I don't like BF2 anymore after BF2142. How am I supposed to kill anyone if I don't have a personal shield and AT mines that follow the enemy tanks? :p

oh no:( ...shields!!!, thats what i hated about halo, go sit behind a rock and your good as new, its what i loved about bf2......do the shields repair themselves or is it like an extra piece of armour, but those mines do sound pretty sick:p

• Advertisement

Support guys get shields. 2 of them before he has to resupply himself. They're big enough to allow 4 people to hide behind. You can't shoot through them, tanks and APC's can shoot through them and people with a very good aim can destroy the control box on them to blow 'em up.

Drove a buggy around for about 4 minutes last night trying to shake them off me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ponster wrote:
    Just realised that it could be the 'bad' patch from last week :)

Ya big daft frog!

Reported for personal/racist abuse.

I'm still waiting before I press install . Will wait till someone that has patched using the same download as myself and played on an official server newly updated comes back and says it all works .

I've downloaded and installed and played on a ranked server which added the points to BFHQ but as I said in TotalBF2, there is only 1 server up and that one was there Monday of last week so may not have the correct version of the patch.
    It may be running the final but bugged 1.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

irlrobins wrote:
    Reported for personal/racist abuse.

Ya big daft bird!

• Advertisement

No real harm done , except to bandwidth .

Right , now how do I get this thing out of the EAD so the real one can jump in there .

Zillah wrote:
    Ya big daft bird!
    :p Pisstake

Advertisement