Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 1 games, Where?

Options
  • 15-08-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where you can get playstation 1 games in shops, looking for old classics like broken sword and the like. I would prefer a shop and not on the internet. Don't like dealing with ebay and that. Would also be intrested to know where they sell new games. Prefrebly(sp?) around Dublin.
    Cheers Reganio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

cannot for the life of me remember the shop there's one on talbot street that does old games (even dreamcast and megadrive games)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

cannot for the life of me remember the shop there's one on talbot street that does old games (even dreamcast and megadrive games)
    Cheers will have a good walk down there and see what I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You can always play Broken Sword (and other point-and-clickies) over ScummVM
    Wikipedia page
    ScummVM homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Cheers will have a good walk down there and see what I can find.

I think the store is called Games Xchange (and yep, it's in Talbot Street). They do books aswell, and they definitely have some PSone games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Broken Sword is quite rare on the Playstation as it never went platinum so good luck in finding it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oddly enough I picked it up for a fiver with Myst and Road Rash in the 'Help' charity game pack. Maybe you could look for that.

Edit - It's here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PLAYSTATION-1-2-Help-Charity-Compilation-UK-PS1-PS2_W0QQitemZ320016839494QQihZ011QQcategoryZ90843QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem for just £3.99.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You can get 1 and 2 for about €10 for the PC, and you shouldn't need very good specs to run them.

Ha.. I have the GBA version of Broken Sword... it looks nice, but it's bugged so much that it seems to be impossible to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Trying not deal on the internet, but cheers for replies lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hody

koneko wrote: »
    I think the store is called Games Xchange (and yep, it's in Talbot Street). They do books aswell, and they definitely have some PSone games.

Excuse me, do they have a website or phone number. I dont seem to find them in google.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have the phone number somewhere, I'll post it if I find it. Games Exchange is alright, but pricey. Minimum for PS1 games is about 10-15 regardless of what it is. Also don't expect to find anything great, it's a small enough collection and it's mostly very common games that can be bought much cheaper online. OP, get yourself a 3v card and buy online. It's cheaper and your guaranteed to find exactly what you want.

Edit: Phone no: 01-8363103

I think thats it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

3 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hody

I have the phone number somewhere, I'll post it if I find it. Games Exchange is alright, but pricey. Minimum for PS1 games is about 10-15 regardless of what it is. Also don't expect to find anything great, it's a small enough collection and it's mostly very common games that can be bought much cheaper online. OP, get yourself a 3v card and buy online. It's cheaper and your guaranteed to find exactly what you want.

Edit: Phone no: 01-8363103

I think thats it anyway.

Yes I found the number eventually, got to give them ring. I am just looking to get rid off my old games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Necro thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know its that time of the year (halloween), but no zombie threads please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement