Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League and star trek...

• 15-08-2006 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Right, a couple of months back I threw in a idea that if they continue star trek they should try f*cking up the federation a bit. Wasnt well liked.

Well here's another proposal on what could be a good way to take star trek.

Adopt the formula justice league unlimited proved could work.

The whole premise behind the revamp of the justice league series was to be able to have a tight well balanced storyline that can go into arcs and yet deal with a large cast that can step in and out of the storyline.

The result was possible one of the best animated series since the batman series of the early 90s (same creator too).

So looking at where voyager and Ds9 left the fans hanging, we have an oppurtunity to do a series that can hop around the now very developed universe following new and old characters.

I mean if justice league can do it, being accessable to both long time fans and newcomers, i think it is a very possible if not the best route for the star trek series. Most noticable after the way DS9 ended putting well known characters in numerous different positions around the universe (Worf in Klingon empire, Rom in Ferengi, Garak in Cardassia, O Brian in starfleet)

I'm not saying just do a series of individual episodes recapping these characters, they just allow for a accessable point to do new storylines and characters while still having a piece of the legacy there to be the glue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

good idea. shame it will never happen, as didnt the intelectual owners of the star trek franscise say there will be no more star trek after the new film ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i agree it is good ish idea (tho your forgetting about star trek books, which do continue the stories where the tv series ended).
    i also agree it wont happen.
    i dont agree with your negativism tho, there will be lots more trek in years to come. a money making frachise like that is well, money making. so long as theres a bottom line there'll be more trek. when you take into account all the merchantdising and content thats sold (dvds,books,figures, list goes on), the box office (for films) and ratings (for TV) are both important, but only parts of the whole now, wheres back in the 60's its all there was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

anti wrote:
    good idea. shame it will never happen, as didnt the intelectual owners of the star trek franscise say there will be no more star trek after the new film ?

not as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Right, a couple of months back I threw in a idea that if they continue star trek they should try f*cking up the federation a bit. Wasnt well liked.

Well here's another proposal on what could be a good way to take star trek.

Adopt the formula justice league unlimited proved could work.

The whole premise behind the revamp of the justice league series was to be able to have a tight well balanced storyline that can go into arcs and yet deal with a large cast that can step in and out of the storyline.

The result was possible one of the best animated series since the batman series of the early 90s (same creator too).

So looking at where voyager and Ds9 left the fans hanging, we have an oppurtunity to do a series that can hop around the now very developed universe following new and old characters.

I mean if justice league can do it, being accessable to both long time fans and newcomers, i think it is a very possible if not the best route for the star trek series. Most noticable after the way DS9 ended putting well known characters in numerous different positions around the universe (Worf in Klingon empire, Rom in Ferengi, Garak in Cardassia, O Brian in starfleet)

I'm not saying just do a series of individual episodes recapping these characters, they just allow for a accessable point to do new storylines and characters while still having a piece of the legacy there to be the glue.

Sounds great to me, I'd love to see what happened voyager after they got home, see how Cardassia re-built after the war, learn what happened to sisko or even delve into post-war federation/dominion diplomacy. Unfortunately it would only be good for pretty serious fans and one thing that enterprise showed was that the old base is no longer enough. I would love it if your idea was what we ultimately got but I don't think it's possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i thought enterprise got whiped because it didnt cater to the old base, it tried to hard to appeal to non trek fans?

-i mean it got better when it did start appealling to the old base?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    i thought enterprise got whiped because it didnt cater to the old base, it tried to hard to appeal to non trek fans?

-i mean it got better when it did start appealling to the old base?

Yes it got better and got cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

but thats not cause it started appealling to the old fans.

I mean I was turned off enterprise until someone told me they did a mirror darkly, which was what? 4-5 episodes before the end?

It got cancelled cause they started appealling to the old base after it had shrugged them off and it couldnt get them back before the studio decided to pull the plug.

If the show had been consistently quality star trek, it would never have had to try and appeal the old gaurd back.

Advertisement