Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

English - A1
    Irish - A1
    History - A1 (stupidly relieved)
    Biology - A1
    Physics - A2 (I can't believe this one)
    German - B3 (also relieved)
    Maths - C1 (relieved and surprised)

Altogether, that's 565 which is a good 30 points above what I was shooting for. I'm skeptical about some of those grades considering I am the absolute suck at both physics and German. In any case, this is the greatest relief I've felt in months. Aaah... not more leaving cert terms to hear again... ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

535...estactic!!! COME ON UCD!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

English A2
    Maths C1
    Physics C2
    French A2
    Biology B2
    History C1
    Irish B1

Points total = 485

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

535...estactic!!! COME ON UCD!!!
    Guys omg, i'm in shock...i got 600!! I know i said i wouldn't come onto boards today, but I'm just wandering around here in a daze! :D WOW!!
    See you in UCD Champagne!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Congrats! It takes a lot of work to pull off 600, you should be proud as hell!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Since that other thread I posted in seems to have died, here's mine:

Applied Maths - A2 (was hoping/expecting an A1 but I'm not complaining)
    Business - A1 (happy, obviously)
    English - B1 (not pleased at all, thought I was guaranteed an A1)
    French - A1 (absolutely amazed)
    Irish - C2 (meh, probably about right)
    History - A1 (happy, obviously)
    Maths - A2 (with that paper, I'm ecstatic)

565 overall - about what I expected, so I'm happy. The individual disappointments and surprises balance each other out I suppose. I'm pretty safe for my course now which is the important thing.

Congrats everyone and shane0312 in particular. EDIT: And abercrombie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Everyone seems to be overlooking you only total up 6 results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I got 485, it wasn't what I was aiming for at the beginning of sixth year but it was pretty much what I had expected to get after I finished the exams.

As far as rechecks are concerned, I might get French and Business looked at. I got B3's in the both of them which is a notable step-down from my mock results.

Like I said, my first choice has completely gone out of the window but unless there's a nationwide rush for Dental Technology, I'll be safe enough with that as my third choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

OMG!!! I SOOOOOO HAPPY!!! :D:D:D I got 435 points! One of the highest in my year! And I've gotten well above the mark I need to do French & Spanish in Trinity!

Irish (O) - B2: Suprised as I'm usually rubbish at Irish!
    English (H) - C1: Happy with such a difficult subject!
    Maths (O) - B3: Astonished I actually passed, never mind getting an honour!
    Geography (H) - A2: Nearly had a heart attack!
    French(H) - C1: Je suis très heureux! My requirement to do French in college!
    Biology (H) - B2: No complaints.
    Home Ec. (H) - B1: Predicted!

I feel so sorry for my friend though. :( He was so disraught when he found out he got an E in higher maths and applied maths. Essentially, he has failed the LC. He wanted to do engineering. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

5 points short of medicine by last year's numbers. Am appealing...

• Advertisement

Everyone seems to be overlooking you only total up 6 results.
    I think they're just listing all results and not adding in the last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

UU wrote:
    I feel so sorry for my friend though. :( He was so disraught when he found out he got an E in higher maths and applied maths. Essentially, he has failed the LC. He wanted to do engineering. :(

yeah i found out that my friend got 475 and he needs about 520 to do the same course as I want...why can't i give him some of my points! WHY?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Woohooo 410 and an A2 in English!

Roll on college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

yeah i found out that my friend got 475 and he needs about 520 to do the same course as I want...why can't i give him some of my points! WHY?!
    Yeah! My firend got like Bs and Cs in his other subjects - it was just maths he failed (and A.Maths)! Actually 475 points is really good! Anyone who gets above 400 is very lucky. Actually anyone who gets their first preference should be very lucky! 520 points is a hard thing to get, isn't it?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Cogratulations to all of you who did well enough just sitting the LC, let alone getting such good results!

I have to say, in a funny way I'm proud of you all!

@abercrombie: blatantly my Irish phrases clinched it for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

F in physics, whowhaoa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I'm very happy even though I probably wont get my first choice.

Also LCVP actually came in handy. I always thought it was a waste of time but I got a distinction making it all worth while.

Well done everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Either I'm one dumb bastard or else the exams have got easier in the last 2 years with these points : \

Oh and well done everyone, LC is very tough!

whassupp2 wrote:

Also LCVP actually came in handy. I always thought it was a waste of time but I got a distinction making it all worth while.

Well done everyone.
    Nice one! My LCVP fell through for me, got a merit. Which puts it on the level with my lowest grade (french)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

445 :cool:

some dodgy results like a c2 in art :rolleyes: and b2 in english messed up my prediction of 485.

otherwise, pretty much as i predicted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

525, ahahahaaa.. a good 50 points more than i hoped for.

noone really gives a damn about my individual results, so i'll just leave it that im very very very happy

all you 600 pointers, fair play, i could never be that focused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I got 430! Need 450 for Communications in DCU but I'll probably just have to settle for multimedia in DCU instead!

Im still absolutly delighted! I didn't think I was going to crack the 400s at all!

My best friend did terrible so that will put a downer on the day but I know she has plenty of options so hopefully everything will turn out for the best!

smemon wrote:

some dodgy results like a c2 in art :rolleyes: and b2 in english messed up my prediction of 485.

ooh smemon your "accurate" 485 prediction let us down... ;)

im shocked!

deisedolly wrote:
    I got 430! Need 450 for Communications in DCU but I'll probably just have to settle for multimedia in DCU instead!

'mon the DCU :D

Multimedia is a much better course than Communications anyway i think

im for journalism in DCU hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Rockerette wrote:
    525, ahahahaaa.. a good 50 points more than i hoped for.

noone really gives a damn about my individual results, so i'll just leave it that im very very very happy

all you 600 pointers, fair play, i could never be that focused!
    Your like the 10th person in our year to get over 500 points!!
    whassupp2 wrote:

Well done everyone.

What did you get in Construction & Tech Drawing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I am ... very.... VERY.... HAPPY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

eamoss wrote:

What did you get in Construction & Tech Drawing?

They were my best results.

I got a B1 in Construction and an A2 in Tech D.
    I'm fairly happy with that but I'm still gonna view the scripts for them to see if I can sqeeze a few moremarks that will bring me up more.

How bout u????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

A1 Maths+Physics
    A2 French
    B2 Hist(YAY!!) English(Fcuk) Econ(double fcuk)
    D1 Irish (woo-hoo, dnt really care tho

smemon wrote:

Aw, so it seems your estimate was wrong. Oh well, guess you can't bullshit english

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Congratulations to everyone! If you didn't get what you wanted, i wouldn't worry, there are many many routes to getting there.

Advertisement