Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭John Doe

560, I achieved my objectives of an A1 in French and getting over 520 points, yippee! We boardsters must be a clever bunch. ;)

Now off I go to do Bio and Chem Sciences in UCC....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

a muscular 365.. dont care about that though.. B2 in higher maths! thank you aidan roantree! i have a bottleof JD callin my name now so adios!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Lads, it's the night of the leaving cert results. Get off boards and go on the beer.

Wait until you get to college, then you'll know what exams are. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

sjones wrote:
    Lads, it's the night of the leaving cert results. Get off boards and go on the beer.

I'm waitin another half hour so I can incorporate the Ireland soccer match into the celebrations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blah blah blah

485 for me but a little dissapointed with my irish and music grades...might get them rechecked but there's not much point because I already have my course :D (conditions were to have three honours and pass maths and physics....so i'm well pleased)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

sjones wrote:

/me doesn't drink, therefore has nothing left to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭unityofsaints

525! Got into Maths Paper I 10 mins late and with heavy hayfever and no breakfast/drink whatsoever and still pulled off a B2 in maths!

Maths (H) B2
    Applied Maths (H) B1
    Geography (H) B2
    German (H) A1
    Irish (O) A2
    Chemistry (H) B2
    Physics (H) A2
    English (H) A2

Also royally screwed up Paper II of English (don't think I used a single correct quote) and got an A2!!

The funniest is that I was planning to get a D in pass Irish (my B3 of the mocks was way too high) and ended up with an A2. How, HOW in god's name can ppl complain about the Irish course if I get an A2 in pass not even taking it seriously and walking out 1.5 hrs early?

I was disgusted I wasn't given an NG in Accounting- I was signed up for the subject and just didn't turn up for the test and still they didn't put an NG into my L.C. results. I mean c'mon, points are points, but symbolically a "Natural Genius" written on your L.C. is priceless! :D;)

Anyways, I'm absolutely delighted, expected about 400 after the way the exams went.
    No rechecks- I'd b afraid 2 loose points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I got 540!
    All honours by the way

irish c3( What the **** I got a b3 in the mocks)
    English b3( cant complain with it to be honest)
    maths a1. Knew it all along.
    Geography A1 thrilled
    German a1 best subject knew I had it got this too
    Physics a2 delighted but could have just as easily gotten an a1
    Accounting b3. I mean wtf. I got a2 in the mocks. Overall accounting had weird results. anyone else think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I got myself 600 points, dunno how, completely unexpected results in half of the exams. Got A1's in english, maths, french, history, chemistry and biology, B1 in Irish.
    happydance wrote:
    Maths (H) A1 (so relieved!)
    Accounting (H) A1
    Chemistry (H) A1
    Biology (H) A1
    French (H) B1 (absolutly unbelieveable!)
    English (H) B2
    Irish (H) B3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Sooooo happy with that one!!!

Overall 565, if the points stay the same in off to trinity to do pharmacy!!

I'll be seeing ya there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Did you study much? / When did you start studying? / tell us your secrets

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

445. I'm quite happy with it. Since I expected like.. two hundred something. Was sure I failed. :P I didnt, so its games development for me. On the other hand, kinda ticked off, because if I had studied, I could've gotten higher points. But meh, the only subjects i did study were Art and Maths.. which I got C1 and C3 in.

Business - A2
    English - A2
    TG - A2
    German B3
    Irish C1
    Art C1
    Maths C3
    LCVP - Merit

Diffinately dont deserver those A's... but oh well, I shant argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DiscoMouse

Lollers, 600, and I wanna shout it from the highest building. But the Internet is okay too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Se&#225 wrote: »
    A1- Irish (i was chuffed, although I am fluent i still have major problems with grammar, i got a b in my junior cert so it was a def high for me)

well done :D

i remember you saying somewhere before you expected a B3 or something? maybe im wrong..?
    But i just remember thinking "aah for fecks sake.. if the gaeilgeoir here can only manage a B3, the rest of us are bolloxed...!"

i got a B1, and was chuffed, thats like... ALMOST an A.. aahahahahaaaaa.. hehe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

WoW bejaysus, some clever crowd in here!
    So who got lucky last night then?
    And what would you rate them out of 600? :D :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

chump wrote:
    And what would you rate them out of 600? :D :eek: :D

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I'm happy and tha.

Deloirah and excoirah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

nah not fluent.. not at all.. i'd LOVE to be though.. give me the gaeilge over French anyday...!

I can get sentence structure ok, and my verbs/tenses are grand.. and my vocab is pretty ok, but grammar?! tiseal ginideach?! where to put in bloody h's... aaaaaahhahahaaa sin é mo fhadhb!

so yeah.. i was delighted.. i've had the same teacher since 1st year, and every parent/teacher meeting she'd been saying that i had so much potential, but she felt i was too relaxed, and that maybe my complacency would come back to haunt me..
    but well, B1 had me smiling :D

I think im most proud of my English & Irish results..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Do any of you know any 600-pointers?
    There were 2 in my school- one with 6 A1s and another with 8!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

i got 535!
    off to england to do pharmacy. woo!

Got 540, was in total shock, was expecting 490. I literally sat on a bench outside school in a daze for about 15 minutes after i got my results.

Six i Counted;
    Accounting - A2 (disappointed, my favourite subject, was an A1 student since 4th year)
    Economics - A1 (Absolutely over the moon, only started in in September, thank you very much Mr. B O'Calla...
    Maths - A2 (Delighted again, was happy with my papers but was not expecting an A2, more like B3/B2)
    Geography - A1 (I'm good at Geography, but was ****ting it cause i didn't know how it was gonna be marked, thank christ they liked my style!)
    Physics - B1 (Amazed, absolutely amazed, got a poor C3 in the mocks in this subject, even my teacher was amazed!)
    English - B3 (though i'm not that great at English, i thought that this was the best English exam i'd ever done, so i was disappointed enough, for about 5 seconds!)

Others;
    French - C2 (meh, i did it, i passed it, i'm happy, I spent 10 days in france after the leaving, and wish i could've done the French exam just after that. Realised how much i loved the Language)
    Irish - A1 (Ordinary) (I'm so glad i got this, if anybody remembers, i was the student who was forced to leave the only honours class in the school because of my teacher's ego. I honestly did no study for the exam, and spent less than 45 minutes at each paper. I cant wait to have a good chat with her at the debs)

540 points, i was amazed...

College, here i come!

• Advertisement

Also, just wanna give a friend of mine a shout, he got an A1 in Geography without ever sitting in a class.

He started it in September, never had a teacher, did it all himself.

he got 525 overall..

Just shows that you don't always need to be shown what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

He started it in September, never had a teacher, did it all himself.

that's the best way to do it imo. it's always better to teach yourself than have somebody else teach you as everyone is different and has different styles/tastes etc...

it takes longer but is well worth it in the end and gives you more satisfaction.

however most teachers just read from textbooks and give you homework out of them so in effect they don't need to be there at all and only act as a mere supervisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

smemon wrote:
    however most teachers just read from textbooks and give you homework out of them so in effect they don't need to be there at all and only act as a mere supervisor.

That's what my Business teacher used to do.
    We'd come in...
    ''Right ... Chapter 2.....''

But it depends on what subject you pick to teach yourself. It might be a different story when it comes to German/French.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ThrownAway wrote:
    That's what my Business teacher used to do.
    We'd come in...
    ''Right ... Chapter 2.....''

But it depends on what subject you pick to teach yourself. It might be a different story when it comes to German/French.

agreed. of course you need to be around fluent speakers in order to pick up a language. that's how we all learned english :) languages need teachers.

however others don't like business, geography, maths... anyone could just pick up a book in those subjects, memorise it, and get an A1 in an exam. (well, that requires tremendous discipline and self-belief which not many people have!)

they are 'information' subjects, you're simply building your knowledge by reading english text. Unless you've problems reading, in reality you teach yourself those subjects. A teacher might just break it down into baby language for us to understand :) however that is ultimately damaging us as it limits our vocabulary and hinders the progress of our english :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

got 500:) its what i aimed for

Geography A1 - Delighted obviously, wasnt expecting it
    Physics B2 - what i thought
    Maths B2 - happy with it considering i a d2 in the mocks
    Accounting B1 - lil bit disappointed, wanted an A1, but dont mind much
    Irish B2 - totally shocked, i spent the last 2 years sitting in the back of the class trying to avoid being asked (and succeeding). whenever i did have to contribute it was usually stuff like is maith liom ceapairi
    English B3 what i thought

didnt count
    French C1 - oral let me down, but it doesnt count so i dont care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i got 515... didnt expect it-so so happy!
    a1 english
    a1 geog
    b2s, b3s everything else
    c1 in irish :o)
    possibility of getting into trinity now so fingers crossed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Do any of you know any 600-pointers?
    There were 2 in my school- one with 6 A1s and another with 8!!!!
    me and 3 of my friends got 600! That makes me sound like a complete loser, but i'm actually not...i swear :D Actually, a lot of people i know got over 500. i read in the Irish Times that 14% of people doing the Leaving got over 450 which doesn't seem like a lot considering the results that a lot of people I know got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

But aber thats the people you know and im not being a snob but most of your friends probably go to private schools and got a few grinds here and their! Well doen btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

d4gurl wrote:
    But aber thats the people you know and im not being a snob but most of your friends probably go to private schools and got a few grinds here and their! Well doen btw :D

shes probably right, and its not a bad thing either

Anyway i got 490

a2 in english (whoda thunk it?! hate english)
    B1 in physics
    B2s in irish, french and accounting
    B3 in maths (thought id failed!)
    c1 in geography

should be enough for science, so woo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

smemon wrote:
    agreed. of course you need to be around fluent speakers in order to pick up a language. that's how we all learned english :) languages need teachers.

however others don't like business, geography, maths... anyone could just pick up a book in those subjects, memorise it, and get an A1 in an exam. (well, that requires tremendous discipline and self-belief which not many people have!)

they are 'information' subjects, you're simply building your knowledge by reading english text. Unless you've problems reading, in reality you teach yourself those subjects. A teacher might just break it down into baby language for us to understand :) however that is ultimately damaging us as it limits our vocabulary and hinders the progress of our english :(
    I dont think its as clear cut as that. You need teachers to explain things, especially in understanding-heavy subjects like physics and maths. The thing about these subjects is that the amount of information to be learned is relatively small-but it can be difficult to understand it all on ur own.Youre not breaking it down into 'baby language'. For some subjects like Geography, history or business it can be quite do-able to get an A1 on ur own. The problem is when you need someone to correct your work. You have no way of knowing if your answering is at the required level-obvioulsly you may think what youve written is good, but you need to someone to criticise it and point out your mistakes.

Advertisement