Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoardTracker Search Problem

Options
  • 15-08-2006 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭

When searching by username, the BoardTracker search takes an absolute age to return results (over a minute for a search on my posts over the last week) and when it finally returns the results, all it displays are the threads I've started as opposed to any I've replied in.

Not complaining as such, it'd be nice if search worked properly but I know you've bigger worries right now so just take this as me letting you know just in case you didn't already...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BoardTracker

Fixed the slowness problem.

Regarding the other issue - it is only meant to search threads you start, at least in this version.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Is there a version planned that will retrieve all threads a user has replied to rather than just the ones they've started?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Fixed the slowness problem.

Regarding the other issue - it is only meant to search threads you start, at least in this version.
    How far back does the search go?

I ask cause when I search my own name for threads started it comes back with no matches and I know I've started at least one thread in the last month or so.

The search should be all the way back to the start.. exceptions would be certain forums which are private for example. If you can find such a thread then we can check that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Well I just tried again to find threads started by myself and I'm getting "Sorry there are no matches"

I have started threads outside of private forums. It just seems a little odd that if the search goes right back then surely I should be getting some matches.

• Advertisement

Ok there was a bug affecting usernames with spaces in them.. its fixed now and your threads are showing in the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php?user=tSubh%20Dearg

the url for page two or next page is
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php?search=&&page=2&order=0&scope=4

where it should be
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php?user=tSubh%20Dearg&page=2&order=0&scope=4

probably.

This is also the case when running a search through the 'advanced search' feature.

I'd also like to echo what Bard said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pidgin

Steveire wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php?user=tSubh%20Dearg

the url for page two or next page is
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php?search=&&page=2&order=0&scope=4

where it should be
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php?user=tSubh%20Dearg&page=2&order=0&scope=4

probably.

This is also the case when running a search through the 'advanced search' feature.

I'd also like to echo what Bard said.

Fixed.

And..
    Brad/Steveire: Yes, we do plan to cover replies as well in future versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I paid for a sub so I could use search by username through vBulletin and now I have to use the Boardtracker one (which is crap), how come?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Just some feedback on BT:

1) If I'm in a forum and use the "Search this forum" drop down list, no matter what I enter I'm just taken to the search page with no results shown.

2) Yesterday I was trying to find a particular thread in the wireless forum. So I selected only to return results from wireless and my search term was "NTL". The search returned three pages of results. The first page returned wireless posts that contained "NTL". However when I click on the "next" link for page two of the results, I am now on page 2 of 116 pages and the results are not limited to the wireless forum. It's as if my request to limit results to just posts in wireless forum is ignored.

Thanks
    R

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pidgin

irlrobins wrote:
    Just some feedback on BT:

1) If I'm in a forum and use the "Search this forum" drop down list, no matter what I enter I'm just taken to the search page with no results shown.

2) Yesterday I was trying to find a particular thread in the wireless forum. So I selected only to return results from wireless and my search term was "NTL". The search returned three pages of results. The first page returned wireless posts that contained "NTL". However when I click on the "next" link for page two of the results, I am now on page 2 of 116 pages and the results are not limited to the wireless forum. It's as if my request to limit results to just posts in wireless forum is ignored.

Thanks
    R

Indeed. Thanks for letting us know.
    Both problems fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

First problem still exists for me

irlrobins wrote:

Just tried to use the 'search this thread' yoke, same issue.

irlrobins wrote:

Actually the first problem just requires someone at boards.ie change the html for that form to use the new search and then it will work.

Myth wrote:
    Just tried to use the 'search this thread' yoke, same issue.

Search within a thread is not possible with boardtracker yet.

Search within a thread is not possible with boardtracker yet.

Ah, gotcha. Cheers!

Advertisement