Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.getyourcomics.com

Options
  • 15-08-2006 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Signed up for their newsletter a while back, looks like they have relaunched. looks decent so far to me. the only thing is I have no idea how much a single issue is in a shop here. GYC seem to be chargin 3.50 for each title. i dont know if thats cheap or expensive. anyone fill me in? some of their graphic novel titles seem to be priced well though. its all free shipping too which seems nice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Should I be worried that their security certificate has expired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

screw it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

bombidol wrote:
    screw it

I take it that means "buy comics NOW, deal with credit card issues later!"

indeed, thats why credit cards are protected

• Advertisement

are mailordercomics any use? the discounts look nice but the shipping is bound to be a bastard. and they use USPS which is horrible. could take weeks to get here? at least the other lads are based in cork.

I emailed them asking about shipping estimates which they couldn't help me with but the nice man (who I'm assuming is a yank) told me about the lovely trip himself and the missus took to our beautiful country a few years ago... I don't think I'll be buying from him tbh

i hate that crap, thats often happened to me.
    Me - "Whats the story with shipping to Ireland"?
    Them - " Dunno, lets say a bejillion dollars, love your country!! was in county "whatever" last year was beautiful!!"
    Me - Shut the **** up

Anyway I just bought 2 GNs from getyourcomics.com so now I am going to sit patiently by the letterbox until they arrive...the mammy has agreed to bring me food and a bucket for the duration :D

yeah bought a gn myself tonight aswell as setting up a subscription for a load. hope they do well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Edit : had pasted my order summary with mailordercomics.com here but deleted it. I'd like to see getyourcomics.com do well because they're Irish.

Works out a bit cheaper alright but yeah….shipping is way slower than getyourcomics.com.

yeah, the shipping is what would get to me. you could be waiting a week or 3 for yer comics. USPS is terrible.

Any idea how long getyourcomics takes to process order & ship within Ireland?

So, apparently my order has finally been shipped. Some problem or other with processing it. Usually takes 5-10 days for an order to be shipped but in my case a little longer cos I'm special! As compensation, the lovely dude I emailed about it gave me a discount on the order and a fiver off my next order.
    /me is appeased!

I got the same, I have the feeling they are still only finding their feet. I ordered Essential Punisher Vol 1 but there were loads of problems with the suppliers. so i cancelled it and ordered vol 1 and 2 of Y-The last man. So with my 10% off and a fiver voucher it will come in a t a very nice price. Their prices are very very good, so it doesnt really bother me waiting a little bit longer to get my stuff

Ooooh...Y, The Last Man is class! Enjoy!
    Considering I'm aware of some companies who wouldn't give you anything when they fcuk up an order, I'm quite happy with getyourcomics for the discount and the apology. And so long as my GNs arrive in in good condition I'll certainly be ordering from them again :)

yeah i love it, time to start collecting the GN's. Onto Fables then afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Longshadow

Just wanted to chip in on a few points raised above. To begin, being connected with Getyourcomics, I don't want to use the boards against the rules, ie as ad space, so I'll keep it to answering some posts in this thread. If I'm out of line, my apologies, I submit myself to the mercy of moderator editing.
    The security certificate is in date and working, it should never have read as expired, there was a mess up with our billing on their end. All good now though.
    A few recent orders experienced delayed shipping, but that's all done with now too, there were just some staff shortage issues for a while, ie, I was taken ill without any notice to get a replacement and things got kinda crazy for a while. But uninteresting health anecdotes aside, I'm glad to hear that people are generally happy with the service. That's what it's all about.
    That, and comics.
    (and on the subject of Y, I'm reading it in comics at the moment, so have just read issue 49 .. Amazing stuff, consistently the best read every week it's released. I love (and also hate) the fact that it's ending at 60. There really aren't enough titles out there that have a definite end, but a genuinely complete story, the likes of which classics like Preacher and Transmet offered really seal a great series.)
    Done now, back to work. (I won't go into what the prices of our comics are compared to other stores, that would definitely cross the line into advertising here)

I got my 2 Y GN's the other day in great nick. great job lads! cant wait till the subscription kicks in!

Hurray for pirates! I just bought Stormwatch Vol.s 2 - 5. Yummeh :D

Edit: Just realised the word pirates may be (mistakenly, in this case) associated with illegal activities so, to clarify, I'm talking about pirates in the "Yarr...ye scruvy dogs! Landlubbers, swashbuckling and Johnny Depp" sense of the word :)

• Advertisement

Well i can pitch in there not being connected to the store in anyway. its looking like your prices are going to be great, especially the fact that they come bagged and boarded.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

sadly in my penniless state i cannot avail of this 10% off for pirates day :(

happilly, jack b badd has bobs to feed me w/ comics! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 playwert

has anyone used http://www.backissuecomics.co.uk ? is it fast?the have every cheap stuff

their prices look cheap but they dont have a great selection at all. I ordered two more TPB off GYC tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 playwert

bombidol wrote:
    their prices look cheap but they dont have a great selection at all. I ordered two more TPB off GYC tonight.

i just bought 4 issues of sabourtooth for 1.20 sterling...

Yummy yummy Stormwatch! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

what the hell?!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm guessing that Jack B Badd's Stormwatch order has been delivered. Which means I may be borrowing it sometime soon (well, after Tree borrows it first and passes it my way, being realistic...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

oh NOW i understand sorry......

• Advertisement

I may have overdosed slightly on Stormwatch in the past few days tbh. And then the beginnings of The Authority also. Buuuurp! Mmmm...sexy :D

Advertisement