Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugh, not more.......this isnt funny anymore admins.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I find it's awful for searching. When I search my username, not for posts written by me, but by searching for the actual word, I get about 5 results. It should be a few hundred.
    I use this to keep track of who quoted me so I can reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Well on the upside, Boards is flying along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

How long do you think it will take for BoardTracker to include the functionality to search the whole site as opposed to just the first post in each thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pidgin

Sleepy wrote:
    How long do you think it will take for BoardTracker to include the functionality to search the whole site as opposed to just the first post in each thread?
    I couldn't really say anything specific here since we do not yet have an estimated time for that. We hope it wont be long.

Pythia: I know, there are limitations to BoardTracker search over a perfect alternative. However, there is no perfect alternative today. The internal VB search is far from perfect but even so, we acknowledge that by covering all replies it may have a specific advantage.
    As I said, we are working on covering that and even beyond. With time we will get there, for the benefit of you and everyone else that uses BoardTracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

stevenmu wrote:
    One thing I've noticed is that many people don't seem to be tagging their threads when they start them
    I haven't figured out how to meaningfully tag a conversation that has only begun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Pythia wrote:
    I use this to keep track of who quoted me so I can reply.
    yea yea. You're just looking for people who said "Pythia is so hot!" :p

Advertisement