Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bringing non-NCT cars abroad

Options
  • 15-08-2006 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Irish Cars Going Abroad

I want to move to spain and bring a car from ireland....
    are there any restrictions on the continent if i pick up a very cheap (good but not NCT approved) car to bring with me.....

if a car is taxed and insured in ireland am i covered on the continent....

thanks in advance....

L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The car test is stricter in Spain than it is here and you have to re register it within a month when you import it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The NCT is only relevant in Ireland. If you bring your jammer to Espana and register it there you will be subject to Spanish law. As junkyard says, the Spanish version of the NCT is more strict than here. If you had an NCT cert I doubt the Spanish authorities would recognise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lukonmaki

thanks for your help....

ill have to go back to the drawing board,,, :mad:
    but ive seen some real ****boxes on the road in spain and i think the general age of the cars is a lot older....

L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

As junkyard said you have to re-register it within a month if you plan to move there permanently. Which from talkin to spainish people isn't worth the hassle/money.

You can drive the car over there for up to 3 months if your not moving permanently but you'd need the NCT, as to drive the car over there it would have to be road legal in this country.

Advertisement