Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Nightclubs

Options
  • 16-08-2006 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Preferably near Newgrange Hotel

**Sorry if this in worngly placed Modulators!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved. Some of these delightful people will be able to help you better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Well there's Solar and The Palace in town centre, bout 30seconds walk from each other. Another place that opened recently - Taboo.ie, havent been. Bout it, if you want really cheap cocktails head over to place called maloys (spelling?), they do insane little mixes there :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Well there's Solar and The Palace in town centre, bout 30seconds walk from each other. Another place that opened recently - Taboo.ie, havent been. Bout it, if you want really cheap cocktails head over to place called maloys (spelling?), they do insane little mixes there :D.
    Is that a pub or ye jokin bout Molloy's the offo?

Thanks! yeah, whats Taboo.ie all about? Ill hafta go reg and foynd out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

abetarrush wrote:
    Is that a pub or ye jokin bout Molloy's the offo?

Thanks! yeah, whats Taboo.ie all about? Ill hafta go reg and foynd out

Not a joke, i think it was called molloys, again i dont know about spelling. Its a 2min walk down from solar, like a funky nite bar. Got couches and stuff upstairs by the cocktail bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

I have heard a lot of good reports about taboo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I have heard a lot of good reports about taboo..

Ahem, cough, cough - (Is it cause you work there Ronan or have a mate working there?) - Ahem, cough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Yea i was in Taboo on Sat night, great night, cracking place. Thought it would have been bigger but i like the way its split in 2 :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Was in Taboo.ie meself on sat night as my first night out in Navan visiting friends there. Nice place alright but we stood in the wrong section. There's a dance music side and a normal side. The dance music side had cheesey sweaty dancers going insane and **** music (imo ;)) but the bars weren't nearly as jammed.

The normal rock/pop side had much better music (again imo) but the bars were rammed - about 3 layers of people most of the night.

After looking around while in the dance section I realised why the bars in that bit weren't as packed - most of the people in the dance section were off their tits on narcotic substances of some shape or form.

Overall though its a nicely laid out place and the decor is quite nice if not a touch cheesey (too much red velvet effect - looks a touch seedy in places)

Good to note though - the bouncers were friendly and helpful and very polite when they asked us to finis up at the end instead of being power-tripping yob's like in some night clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

No i dont work there Access...As i said i heard reports...as in from different people who have been to Taboo.I know 2 djs who work there but have heard from other people that the venue is good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

is taboo worth travelling to navan for a night out? by travel i mean about 30minute drive/taxi, i cant stand goin to navan because i hate the solar and the palace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iamazook

Dont go to molloys unless you want to see some fights or the like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

ryans, knights, then on to solar....

you just cant beat it, im not even a navaner and when im up with the girls i no exactly where to go, legend spot on a saturday nite, talent nothing to complain about either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 badmanjam

Been up to taboo a few times now, usually get a taxi up from Ashbourne with the lads. Crackin night to be had in Taboo, did'nt see anyone off there faces on drugs so dunno what yer man is on about, unless the saturday has more dance then the Fridays I go up and in fairness to the dj he is on top of his game with the tunes.

Id advise anyone that lives close to go up at least once, its nicer than poxy
    h2o in Ashbourne and is a better night out then headin into town..just my two cents worth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Was in taboo on saturday.. Good spot! We had our own private booth with champagne etc, great night!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Thinking of doing that for my birthday in november... get a gang of us together and get wasted!

One of my m8s got a txt off the club cos its his birthday. It basically sed happy birthday from taboo. RSVP b4 Thursday and recieve free entry for u and 5 friends and free champagne..nothin wrong wit dat. Tink ya can register for membership on taboo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

badmanjam wrote:
    One of my m8s got a txt off the club cos its his birthday. It basically sed happy birthday from taboo. RSVP b4 Thursday and recieve free entry for u and 5 friends and free champagne..nothin wrong wit dat. Tink ya can register for membership on taboo.ie

Nothing wrong with that at all. Is the place busy? Haven't been out in Navan in a long time but was good craic when I was.

Jus got dis sent to me by txt, defo worth checkin out. Anytime I have been there mate the place was hoppin', sometimes a bit too packed but deadly atmosphere, makes a nice change frm d smell of feet in the Solar haha

***WHEN SUNDAY NIGHTS MATTER AND MONDAY MORNINGS DON'T***

Kicking off Sunday 8th October '06, Cocktail Chaos @ Taboo

All Cocktails on the night 2 for the price of 1.

Members plus a guest free in befoe 00:30.

Dj on the night is Frank Green,or Frankie as he hates to be know,playing the very best from R'N'B to Funky House. So go on and end your weekend in style this and every Sunday @ Taboo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

GOing this Sat - should be good craic!! Great spot it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

went down to solar the other wknd and there was one seriosuly hot Lithuanian dancer there. I stopped going, she's too hot and it's frustrating!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement