Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4,600 fail maths. Thats around 1 in 11

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Raphael wrote:
    ...I got an A1...

*flees*

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

A2 in Ord Maths :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I passed by the skin of my teeth :o But I needed a C3.

I got the reversal of that! Was hoping to scrape a pass and got a C3 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

OctavarIan wrote:
    I got the reversal of that! Was hoping to scrape a pass and got a C3 :rolleyes:

Swap? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I needed a C3 in honours and I got a C2 so I'm happy.
    ....its a pity about the points:( :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

a1 honours. sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I failed maths last year but Passed this year thank god!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Needed a C3 in Honours.
    Got a C1 at JC and an E in the pre's, so I figure a B2 wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Maths is always a tough one - back when I did the LC in 2001 electronic engineering was my first choice. This meant that I didnt care about the points (they were 400 and i figured I'd get that), but was very very worried about the old honours maths (needed a B3 for elec). Actually spent more time on maths than the rest of my subjects put together :D Still got a B1 in the end and became an engineer and wouldn't have picked anything else for the world. Engineering is interesting, cos those with high points in the leaving don't necessarily do as well as those with lower points. It's all just about being able to adapt yourself to learn and cop-on to new techniques for solving problems - much the same mentality as the honours maths really. Good luck to all of you starting out now - college is a ball so make sure you enjoy it! As you're all just starting I'm finishing and getting ready to hand up my masters thesis and along with it college forever...its a funny old world :)

Advertisement