Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy - watch your stuff

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

well it wont be exactly that any oul tom dick and harry can jsut walk in.there wouldn be fencing if this was the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

you'd be surprised man, alot of dicks are gonna be in there bothering people tryin to skate, like the second a group of scumbag travellers find out about a free skatepark they're gonna be in there gettin in ur way and ****in up everything! (and no im not talkin bout all travellers, just those groups of little bastards on their ****ty bikes with about 5 of em stacked on each one and who mainly all carry knives and try to mug you if they see anythin on ya worth value) I think they shud put a fee on, like even the smallest fee would be grand like €2 50 for a day! thatd be perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

If things aren't workin they'll change it.
    Anyway, its down to ALL OF US to make sure twats don't wreck it
    - if it happens there should be enuf of us to sort it out.

Its funny tho, even when it looks like its gonna be free ya still can't keep everybody happy....:confused:

JohnBoy

Id love if it could be free and those douchebags wouldnt try ruin it like, like in every other country in the world there is! but see free skate parks is a real new thing over here, they're probly just gonna think "aw deadly lets go piss off some smelly rockers"(which seems to be a stereotype these days for most skaters)... couple of my friends went to check out the park hthere bout 2 weeks ago, and there was a group of about 6 20 year old scumbags just eyein them out of it so they just walked off cuz they didnt want any hassle... you can kinda tell trouble when you see it, full grown me dressin in big grey tracksuits and wearing all "da bling"... tryin to be all the ****... kinda sad really that they've got nothin better to do! ah well, whatever they want i guess, hopefully the park will have alot of people and those assholes wont be a problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Oh no! I really cant deal with hassle!!! Especially when your 33 years old, got 2 kids and a mortgage!!!! I have to walk away!!
    There are scumbags everywhere in this god forsaken country! Mindless idiots!
    As Janes Addiction sing: "Idiots Rule"!!

• Advertisement

or as nofx would say "the idiots are taking over"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

You lot sound like a bunch of 8 year old girls. If you think you're going to get mugged, then you will be. Don't allow any skangers or scumbags to even think about doing anything - a fence and an entry fee won't do anything, aside from segregate. A skateboard is an effective weapon if does come down to it - why do you think that you have to give some random bloke a go of your board because he asked? A lot of you are judging books by their covers - give it a few weeks and you'll have the same kids show up and learn to skate. I've seen this happens loads before, like at the IFSC plazas a few years back. Nothing to be afraid of whatsoever.

Well said fisheye! thanks for bringing me to my senses!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

JahEerie wrote:
    but I seriously doubt it.
    Fencing hasn't started yet (as of yesterday evenin) & its supposed to take 2 weeks or so.

I've asked Sean at DCC if there's a confirmed date
    - when he gets back to me I'll let yez know.

At least Lucan is gettin sorted (lights goin in this week)

JohnBoy

You're right. I was there today and they security guard said it'll be around 3 weeks before it opens. :(

hmmm... any dates yet? we've been told "its opening in 2 weeks" since about july now, then they said itd be done by last august, then early september, then midseptember, then late septembe and then before october... well its the end of september now, does anyone know anything bout when it'll be opening FOR REAL?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sdjustin

rumour has it this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Everslick O.A.P

:D Wow,

I never figured i would see the day, a transitioned ,concrete, FREE, accessible skate park.

But hey i have lived in scotland for the last few years and they are miles ahead with all their council parks.
    It works like this.

1.Council A sticks it's neck out and builds a park.Due to the correct pressure from skater groups and politicians.

2.skaters are grateful and keep the place in as good a condition as they can and point out when it is NOT them who wreck it.

3. other councils see skaters are not that bad and world war 3 in insurance claims has not started.

4. And then the councils all try and build the best parks,lots of them and as long as skaters are consulted they wont be total turkeys.

Councils hire in contractors to build these parks but they have their own bulldozers, dont take anything for granted.

And if you fall and pollaxe yourself, dont sue, thats a girls name.

Skate hard

everslick

sdjustin wrote:
    rumour has it this weekend

Unfortunately not.
    Its taken WAY too long & there are still 'finishing touches' to do.
    Basically they need to put in a gate & access path/route from tennis courts.
    They also need to fill in gaps at bottom of fence (in case anyones foot/arm/whatever goes under it)

Until da legal-lookin signs go up it won't be openin
    Realistically I'd say da weekend after next MIGHT be a runner
    - then again, who knows.....?

If ya wanna skate a park this weekend, head for Lucan :mad:

JohnBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 will_c

JahEerie wrote:
    If ya wanna skate a park this weekend, head for Lucan

Anybody got any pics of what lucan is like?

go to the lucan topic ........ 'finishing touchs' ? the place looks perfect and as far as the path goes well there already is one in the bottem corner of the tennis courts its funny though the way it was meant to be open in september buts heading towards october ..sigh...no lights either so your skates over at like 6 o clock or earlier due to the rain ...but have the even considered an opening date ?

The actual build was fully finished back in August
    Why don't ya ring da council & ask em when its openin?
    'Finishin touches' = sortin out gaps at bottom of fence & access
    - things which council could be sued over if there's an accident.

Unfortunately Justin moanin about it does absolutely nothin
    City council no. is 2222222 - ask for parks dept

JohnBoy

called that and got nothing and yeah i suppose so but it doesnt look like there working all out on it like it could be done in a day if they worked hard enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 expn

Any news/info on offical opening day yet.........

I was out there the other day and the place looks great.... I can't wait to try that spine , and big bowl...... Knee pads and lid might be required.........!!!

It always amazes me that people dont wear more pads/lids and stuff! Maybe cos i'm getting older and cant deal with injuries (job/family etc). None of the skateshops in Dublin stock good quality pads. I'm talking boneless or protec. Anyone looking for a good deal go to razoorbills on ebay. A full pro set minus helmet will set you back about €100 but its worth it!!! Cant wait to shred bushy....and slam! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

theres gonna be a whole load of ambulances called to bushy.
    its the same out in lucan. the younger kids go out on their blades and falling on concrete aint like falling on wood.
    i honestly think there should be a compulsory pads for under 18s rule.
    seems unfair but itd save on injuries. and im not saying over 18s arent gonna hurt themselves but they might have a greater idea of the risk involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 will_c

backed.
    lil kids hurtin themselves may unfortunatly lead to skater hating parents tryin to claim compensation, thereby leading to the shutting of the park :(

moonboy wrote:
    theres gonna be a whole load of ambulances called to bushy.
    its the same out in lucan. the younger kids go out on their blades and falling on concrete aint like falling on wood.
    i honestly think there should be a compulsory pads for under 18s rule.
    seems unfair but itd save on injuries. and im not saying over 18s arent gonna hurt themselves but they might have a greater idea of the risk involved.

under 16s would be suitable or just for less experiencd skaters who should know better anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

sdjustin wrote:
    under 16s would be suitable or just for less experiencd skaters who should know better anyway
    i dont think this would work as im 15 ha ****. i think it should be for clearly un experienced skaters, who you can just see cant skate. im not goin near those bowls without a helmet anyway

Asto was telling me some guy broke his wrist in Lucan bout 2 weeks ago!!
    And dont forget "sue" is a girls name!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Pads all the way, so youve been skating for years, that just means your going to go bigger out of the 10 foot bowl which means you have further to fall and more chance of breaking something, the more experienced you are the more pads you should wear in a park like this I say, I have a lid, elbow and knee pads but I cant find wrist ones anywhere which I need cause I have a bad wrist and aswel as that they are very useful for Bertslides.

ive found that helmets arent very useful unless ur just starting cuz most people tend to throw their hands in front of them before they fall so they wont hurt too much, wrist pads and knee pads are all you'd really need if you have experience park skating

Helmets will probably be mandatory
    - if da guys that built it (Airspeed) were wearin 'em its probably a good indication that its a good idea.

The park will be open by middle of next week
    - accordin to council this mornin

JohnBoy

http://www.razorbills.co.uk

Fast service and they have protec pads which are quite good. Cheap here as well. Of course you need a credit card but you can buy through paypal on ebay! Do you need a card for paypal??? Anyway...
    I put an order on the www.bonelesspads.com months ago and its just been siting there! No confirmation or anything. Contacted the peeps who manage their site and they said there was a huge backlog. Knowing my luck ill receive them the same day i get my protecs! hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

Kenjd wrote:
    Asto was telling me some guy broke his wrist in Lucan bout 2 weeks ago!!
    And dont forget "sue" is a girls name!!! :D:D:D
    his arm looked like a mcdonalds sign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Pads all the way, so youve been skating for years, that just means your going to go bigger out of the 10 foot bowl which means you have further to fall and more chance of breaking something, the more experienced you are the more pads you should wear in a park like this I say,
    That's complete rubbish. I've been skating for more than 15 years and I've been lucky with injuries, so does that mean that I'm more likely to kill myself skating? Pads restrict your movement and are really only useful if you're skating vert a lot and need to knee slide out.

Advertisement