Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy - watch your stuff

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

fisheye wrote:
    That's complete rubbish. I've been skating for more than 15 years and I've been lucky with injuries, so does that mean that I'm more likely to kill myself skating? Pads restrict your movement and are really only useful if you're skating vert a lot and need to knee slide out.

well considering the pool in this park there will probably be alot of people sliding out and so they will need them. Your not more likey to kill yourself but the bigger and faster your going the bigger the chances are of hurting yourself. Sure you can do and ollie with snotting yourself and breaking stuff unlike a newb but chances are if your skating longer you will be pushing it, in the pool you will probably even be going for big 360s or 540s and there is a bigger risk involved with them.

Its like on a skiing trip its usually the more experienced people that break stuff and not the first timers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

well considering the pool in this park there will probably be alot of people sliding out and so they will need them. Your not more likey to kill yourself but the bigger and faster your going the bigger the chances are of hurting yourself. Sure you can do and ollie with snotting yourself and breaking stuff unlike a newb but chances are if your skating longer you will be pushing it, in the pool you will probably even be going for big 360s or 540s and there is a bigger risk involved with them.

Its like on a skiing trip its usually the more experienced people that break stuff and not the first timers.
    well thats the complete opposite of whats happened in lucan. its been all he inexperienced skaters who have broken stuff, and some little ****es who deserve it. oh and asto but hea fool arent you asto:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Right, so what I'm taking from this is that anybody who's been skating over 10 years will be doing McTwists straight away. There's guys I know who've been skating longer than me who are rubbish. Equally, I know sponsored skaters who've been at it less than half the amount of time as I, yet they're still way better than me. Or do you just have a bloke with a checklist saying "You're trying a 540, you must wear pads?"

Wear pads if you want to, don't force others to do so. The thing is that with skating we all push our own limits and what's gnarly for me might be basic for the next man - hence the whole "skate at your own risk" which is the caveat for skateparks all over Europe. You know where the easiest place to get a fine for skating in California is? Skateparks, for not wearing pads and helmets. Up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

while the risk is still there obviously , more experienced skaters are far less likely to hurt themselves. skating for a certain amount of time makes you far more aware of how to fall etc. and if youre ttrying "540's" well youre surely gonna have some idea of what the risk is and can make an educated decision as to whether or not to wear pads/and how to fall.
    also i doubt thered be too many novice skaters in bushy anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

Wear a helmet to stop brain damage.Pads and whatnot are up to the individual.A wrist guard is all I use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Some lad broke his leg earlier today
    - not sure if he was padded-up or not.
    Personally I think a lid is a good idea (even tho I haven't worn 1 much in the past 18 years) Pads are a personal thing - if you're on larger trannies they work cos ya have time to knee slide.
    Not really that useful for street / mini ramps

The parkies are enforcin pads & helmets in Bushy
    - if ya don't have em, they won't let ya ride.

Cheers,

JohnBoy

Advertisement