Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NIGHTMARES ON WAX SOUND SYSTEM @ THE VILLAGE THUR AUG 17 12e

• 16-08-2006 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

BUDRISING SUMMER PRESENTS

Nightmares On Wax Sound System - Live and direct
    Breaking The illusion Live (Wax On Records)
    + Djs Arveene (Clampdown) & Dan Ward (Wax On Records)

The Village,
    Thursday 17th August 2006
    Doors 8pm
    Tickets :12 Euro
    www.ticketmaster.ie Ph: 0818719300

Kicking off the proceedings in style, at this summers Budrising is none other than the Nightmares On Wax Sound System who will be dropping beats rhymes and life in the Village, this coming Thursday August 17th for the princely sum of 12 euro, yes 12 euro I kid you not!!!!! A bargin if ever there was one!!!

George Evelyns music has been described as many things; brimming with raw energies, old-school jazz and soul pastiche, lush, detailed, often cinematic music, a minimalist approach to discordant funk, George Evelyn mixes evolving style and signature sound brilliantly. According to Evelyn the secret to his impeccable music Everything was and is always about the funk.

Speaking of his up-coming live sound system shows he states; Doing the live side proves there is more to the music. People have something more tangible to relate the music to and it gives us the chance to connect with the audience. Also I've always had this idea of creating a big band - which is what we call our sound. The main priority for NOW is to prove that we can perform music. But we're not ignoring the fact that we come from a studio, technical background. We just want to mix the old with the new. That's why, at the moment, I don't have a live drummer. The sound of the beats is what makes Nightmares."

"Today's music is inspired by what ever has gone on before. That's what fascinates me. Soul music is the earliest form of hip-hop. That's why I want to create it. It might seem like recreating what was done in the past, but what I want to do is merge soul and hip hop together. That's why I'll bring in the live aspect of what happened back then into current hip hop trends. That's the angle I'm arriving at."

The N.O.W. Sound System has been tearing the roof off some of the right festivals so far this year including Sonar - Barcelona, T in the Park - Scotland and the Fuji Rock Festival at the stunning Mount Fuji so expect the heavy ness in full effect.

Also on the Line up are Breaking the Illusion a live Hip Hop crew straight out of Leeds who are recording for Evelyns Wax On Records Imprint and will do a full live show on the nightalso djs Arveene from Clampdown and Wax On records Dan ward will be dropping some Beat Science on the night

It's going to be one hell of a show so please dont sleep on this one...

Further details please check out the following

www.budrising.ie.
    www.nightmaresonwax.co.uk
    www.wax-on.net
    www.myspace.com/inaspaceouttasound
    www.myspace.com/breakingtheillusion
    www.mysapce.com/arveeneJ

Advertisement