Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good sli mobo?

Options
  • 16-08-2006 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

i'm looking for a sli mobo with Duel PCI Express x16 @ 16x each in sli. not 8 x 8 in sli.
    Ne one know of any good ones out there atm @ reasonalbe prices.

Also.

i have an opteron 146. i o'cd to 2.5g but it wasent stable for a long time. would crash randomly esp when play Obliv.
    Just woundering what setting's other ppl have theirs at etc. and at what speed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cant go wrong with this one:
    Asus A8N-SLI Premium, nForce4 SLI,Socket -939, Super Cooling pipe, PCI-Ex16

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=310299

I have the earlier model and its prolly one of the best boards iv ever used.

CC

*edit, actually it dosent have 2x16 pci-e slots............ pretty sure this Gigabyte has 2x16, but iv no idea what its like.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=318232&view=detailed

And i think theres a good sli DFi board out there for overclocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

The Asus A8N-SLI32 has 2 x16 PCI slots iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

can't help you with the mobo question but have an opteron 146 overclocked to 2.8ghz at stock voltage (32hours prime 95 stable - didn't fail, just stopped priming :)) 24/7 and have had it at 3ghz (24hours prime stable) with some extra voltage.

Am running a dfi lanparty ut sli-d mainboard with 2gigs of Gskill pc4000 hz series ram. The ram can run 1:1 up to 544 but because i'm at 2.8 i have it on a divider (i think it's 9/10).

Other settings:
    Have the HT set to 3
    HTT at 280
    Multi = x10

I noticed that ram timings had a big effect on my stability when i was running 1:1 but as the divider has me close to its rated speed it's fine with regular timings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

does the new dfi nf4 ut dr sli expert not have 2 16x slots ?

If its anything like the one i have its a fabulous overclocker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Would you really need 2 x16 slots, anyway?
    Don't think GPU bandwidth has reached a bottleneck yet...

Advertisement