Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women in Islam

• 16-08-2006 1:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen several Women on this forum ask about issues concerning Women and Islam and the following site is a good resource:

link removed

I hope a female perspective on things will help some of the ladies on the board.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

I removed the link because I must strongly disagree Wes and say that that site is a woeful excuse for a resource on women in Islam.

I took a look and found that, while about half (or less) the stuff on it is fine and I totally support, about another half (or more) is complete and utter rubbish based on an incredible amount of ignorance on the part of those women posting and is in complete contradiction with the teachings of Islam and there is material linked to there that actually attacks Islam full on. It seems that it depends largely on who is posting on the blog.

If that half (or more) that is rubbish was removed from that site then I would not only give it my applause, I would give it a standing ovation for women speaking out against the oppression that women are suffering all over the world from governments that wrongfully oppress women in the name of Islam. Unfortunately, it's not that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement