Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGAR dogs video

Options
  • 16-08-2006 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

A friend of EGAR made this and I love it:

Please turn your loudspeakers on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXO552gzXSQ

All these dogs are in EGAR care and are looking for a new home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sweet doggies. :) If I was at home in Ireland I could probably find you someone to talk some of the dogs. I hope they find good homes. Best wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Great video, music pulls at the heartstrings too. Wish I could take one and give it a better life but for now but we have a 5 year old Springer Spaniel and a rescue Jack Russell X 14 mths old now but still mad as a box of frogs, perhaps next year when she has calmed down a bit I'll be able to devote time to another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Looks like you're doing a super job there...

What breed is the dog in the last photo? between the two lads... lovely animal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Do the bull breeds (terriers and mastiffs) not fight with each other? Fair play, you have a lot on your hands there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Once I can get some more room I'll get more dogs, great video. There seem to be a lot of pitbulls and the like looking for homes around, I hate to think that they are being bred for fighting.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

hi egar,

video was heart felt. i must say its amazing to see ppl like yourself who commit themselfs to such a worthy cause.

my sister wants a puppy for her five year old son as company, she wants to rescue one i think they would love one the ones in your video as they had sheepdogs before. they'd have a lot of questions tho like what the cicumstances in which you homed em, the puppy would have to be nutured and whats the story with vacines etc..

having not rescued a dog before they wouldnt know the details. also ther heading to the pound so to speak next week to view dogs any advice on what to look for?

thanks

sinead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Thanks guys :). All adult dogs leaving here are fully vacc'd, wormed, flea treated and spayed/neutered. The pups are vacc'd, wormed and flea treated. I do home visits before and after re-homing and the signing of a contract is necessary. Adoptees must commit themselves in the contract to have the pup spayed/neutered at an approbriate age (depending on the breed or x breed).

Fits: that is Bear a Mastiff.

Yes, there are alot of Bull Breeds as EGAR is primarily a Bull Breed Rescue but I take in other dogs/animals as well. The fighting amongst each other very much depends on their backround and their upbringing. Most of the dogs here are from pounds and alot of them were abused for fighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

hi egar thanks for the info.

will show the video to sister, visiting the home/contracts isnt a problem.
    ill get back to you once i show this to her.

thanks again

Advertisement