Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Certificate Results/ future UCDers.

Options
  • 16-08-2006 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'd just like to offer congratulations to anyone on the board who just got their results and thinks that they'll be coming to UCD. It's a great place to be for most people. While a lot of relevant information about things you want or need to know may already be available in some other topics, if there's anything else you want to know or want help with, we'll be happy to give our opinion or pass on what we know.

There should be a UCD boards beers soon too (or so I've heard!), so make sure to come along and get to know some people before college starts, if you're interested. We don't bite.

Oh - even if you think your question is silly, and you don't want to post it on the board, feel free to PM me!

Welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well, barring some major disaster or points hike, I'll be UCD bound in a few weeks. First year Theoretical Physics, here I come!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Yes, feel free to get in touch with me either by PM or on the boards. I'm the second-in-command for Colleen who's in charge of Orientation so if you've got any hassle with getting started I certainly can point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

I should be safe enough to get Law..i hope!!

I should also be UCD-bound. My results should have me in Economics and Finance.

this is the new grazing ground then?

Bye bye "leaving Cert" forum..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Welcome one and all....more boys on this forum thats just what we need :rolleyes: :D

Any newbie med students need any advice just give me a pm...Il try to make it good advice and help make your life a bit easier in the med skool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Got 445 so I'm guaranteed straight forward arts, maybe Liberal Arts if the recheck and points/allocation go well. Can't wait to go to UCD - after so many years drinking there and playing pool in the traps it nearly feels like a second home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I should be safe enough to get Law..i hope!!
    poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Best of lick to any incoming physios. It's a wkd course, first semester isn't great cause it's basically science stuff with all the radios + meds (all lectury type stuff) but in semester 2 all the naked fun times begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

On the offchance that there's any Commerce Internationals (or indeed Commerce with Chinese Studies) on the way, feel free to PM me with any questions on the course. About to go into 3rd Year (Erasmus...) so I have a fair grip on things at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

I should be safe for Commerce :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Garret wrote:
    I should be safe for Commerce :)
    But is Commerce safe from you :p

Anybody who wants any info on Irish, Linguistics or Irish Studies feel free to ask me. Boards can be a great resource, I remember last year getting great advice from boardsies about various subjects especially Snickerpuss [thanks btw:)] Also you should check out the department of the subject if you have any queries that we cant answer.

Oh and as blush said if you think your Q is silly and dont want to post it PM me either and I'll do my best to answer.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

New UCDers feel free to PM me. I mod this board (despite what it says over there

<--)

I'm doing B&L and I'm in final year, and I'll answer any questions about that (or anything else, including boards) for you.

Bonjour.

Anyone who wants info on Theoretical Physics, Mathematical Science, or the Maths and Physics side of general Science can PM me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm bound for 2nd year Arts in the subjects of Politics and Sociology.

So If you want to PM me about these subjects, what you do in first year for example.

Sangre wrote:
    poor thing.
    What've you got against Law Sangre?!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

UCD here I come! I'm going to be doing Law too! Sangre..is there something you would like to share with us??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

What've you got against Law Sangre?!? :D

He was in Law in UCD, finished this year..it was a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I've been in UCD ten years.... so eh... ask me how to extend student life for as long as poss... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Should probably pimp my advice too so yeah - any people who think they may be in radiography here's where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Scraggs wrote:
    Anybody who wants any info on Irish, Linguistics or Irish Studies feel free to ask me. Boards can be a great resource, I remember last year getting great advice from boardsies about various subjects especially Snickerpuss [thanks btw:)] Also you should check out the department of the subject if you have any queries that we cant answer.

Wow i feel useful! :D
    Any budding art historians need some info then i'm here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Might as well add to this, I'm going into final Arts in English and History so if anyone has any questions on either subject, drop a line here or give me a PM and I'll try to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Graduated elec eng type here, so any questions about that send them my way - oh and welcome to UCD, you'll love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

any general science, biochem, denom. pharmacology or chemical biology (if they've been introduced yet) ask away:) 3rd year pharmacology now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

#include <CompSciSupport.h>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Blowfish wrote:
    #include <CompSciSupport.h>

You deserve a smack for your awful posting!

And don't bother contacting me cos theres loads of stylie engineers above. I'd suggest that one who graduated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Anyone who wants info on Theoretical Physics, Mathematical Science, or the Maths and Physics side of general Science can PM me. :)
    This is a great man

Chakar wrote:
    He was in Law in UCD, finished this year..it was a joke
    well it all makes sense now!!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

well it all makes sense now!!
    Don't mind Sangre, he's just a comedian. Deep down he's really delighted for you that you've done so well in your exams and he wishes you every bit of the best for your prospective future. That right, Sangre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Hi kids, 5th year Med Student here, if anyone needs any tips or pointer, I'd be glad to help!

Edit - Just saw Panda's post, so plenty of help for med n00bs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah, happy to help with any questions about a real law degree. At least you'll be getting down to business with some real work and with some actual legal problems, in the end your studies will bless you with a proper qualification.

Advertisement