Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Certificate Results/ future UCDers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Sangre wrote:
    Yeah, happy to help with any questions about a real law degree. At least you'll be getting down to business with some real work and with some actual legal problems, in the end your studies will bless you with a proper qualification.
    i'll probably take you up on that offer sometime soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

UCD bound myself, my gaa jersey will never see the light of day again! Arts all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

UCD bound myself, my gaa jersey will never see the light of day again! Arts all the way!
    You say that now. You just wait until the AgSoc nights in Portobello... ;)

Huzzah to all of the above... welcome to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

tribulus wrote:
    any general science, biochem, denom. pharmacology or chemical biology (if they've been introduced yet) ask away:) 3rd year pharmacology now

aiya........will be an UCDer in the next few weeks.......pharmacology ya.....here i come....

(no wonder i'll meet a senior this soon:p )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I just finished a degree in English, so if you're doing English, or thinking about it, I can at least waffle semi-convincingly about it now. ;)

At least try middle (and old) english if you get the option. You may have to anyway, but if you don't have to, look at it. It's far funnier and more interesting than it looks.*

*I'm really, really biased though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

seraphimvc wrote:
    aiya........will be an UCDer in the next few weeks.......pharmacology ya.....here i come....

(no wonder i'll meet a senior this soon:p )

i will most likely be the guy pissing off the technicians because i accidentally cut the intestines by accident and need a new rat....for the 3rd time:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

english and linguistics graduate here. also have masters in english. the course has changed so much since i did it that i probably don't have much of relevance to say, but i can always be induced to waffle on about my favourite lecturers and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

well I was REALLY hoping to do Arts in UCD. In fact it was my first choice. Unfortunatly I only managed 330 points in the LC. Arts has dropped to 350, which is definatly helpful...but 20 points short may be pushing it for round 2. Oh well, please God I'll get it. I really don't wanna get stuck studying Business for 4 years :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Enda89 wrote:
    well I was REALLY hoping to do Arts in UCD. In fact it was my first choice. Unfortunatly I only managed 330 points in the LC. Arts has dropped to 350, which is definatly helpful...but 20 points short may be pushing it for round 2. Oh well, please God I'll get it. I really don't wanna get stuck studying Business for 4 years :(

Hey don't get too despondent, explore all your options maybe even repeating the LC to get that extra 20 points for Arts if you really want to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

jimi_t wrote:
    Got 445 so I'm guaranteed straight forward arts, maybe Liberal Arts if the recheck and points/allocation go well...

Got Liberal Arts yesterday on the 440 - I'm shocked that no other boardsies are doing it tbh!
    Anyone know what the story with picking subjects is? Do we have to go in with the regular art students on the 4th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'd say we could only speculate but more than likely you pick your subjects just like normal arts students and I'd say you're also in on the 4th with normal arts students, however are you sure it's the fourth? I'm helping out with orientation and we're only having our training on the 5th.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Enda89 wrote:

From what I'm hearing on the radio and reading in the print media, the colleges are finding it hard to fill places this year; don't give up hope yet mate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Hopefully doing computer science, i've gotta wrastle my way out of social science first:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Ill be doing computer science.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

^ You poor bastards. ;)

Nah, you should enjoy it. Just make sure you turn up at your computer labs. They are dead easy, but if you miss a few you will struggle to catch up. Feel free to skip maths lectures. They're shite and completely useless. It is possible to pass maths module by getting notes and learning them in your own time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I got my big aul package from UCD this morning.. feckin' huge stuff.
    Can't wait to get in and Arts it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

fish-head wrote:
    They give you enough leaflets with it dont they :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

fish-head wrote:

Itl probably be the first and last time you get to see a big package in UCD judging by our male talent......;) sorry I couldnt resist!!!!
    What exactly do they put in this big package then?Dont think I can remember getting one

fish-head wrote:
    I got it too! There's a student guide & diary 2006/07, leaflets about orientation, registration, SU, guide on sports in ucd, campus map, info on fees and grants etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

And to think, most of it will just get fired out. what a terrible waste =p

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    And to think, most of it will just get fired out. what a terrible waste =p
    The student guide is handy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

The student guide is handy though

True, you can 1. Bash younger sibling over the head
    2. Hold down large quantities of paper
    3. Keep doors open

And much much more!

fish-head wrote:
    True, you can 1. Bash younger sibling over the head
    2. Hold down large quantities of paper
    3. Keep doors open

And much much more!
    you took the words right out of my mouth :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

that'll be the last thing they'll ever post you!

Not quite - you get your final exam results posted to you.

Oh and this year we were priviledged to get a lovely letter from the Registrar about the new year - only about a month late with info!

Not quite - you get your final exam results posted to you.

Oh and this year we were priviledged to get a lovely letter from the Registrar about the new year - only about a month late with info!
    I'm looking forward to the next 4 years already :D

But you're doing law right? That's three years.

But you're doing law right? That's three years.
    i plan on doing an erasmus..so it's 4! technically it's 3 years in UCD, so you're right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Factoring in a repeat year eh?

Sensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

i plan on doing an erasmus..so it's 4! technically it's 3 years in UCD, so you're right
    If you get erasmus that is.

Advertisement