Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Certificate Results/ future UCDers.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

You know, some people don't need to factor in a repeat year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Sangre wrote:
    If you get erasmus that is.
    I'll get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

why?

Surely that's off topic Sangre. You wouldn't want to spam, now would you? ;) A discourse like that might be better conducted through PMs. :p

Erasmus can be hard to get, especially when places are limited and it is always over-subscribed, particularly certain locations.

I have orientation too. Mad. It's like being a fresher again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Jesus that pack is daunting. The funniest thing is that I arrived home to find that the postman had folded it to fit in my letterbox - it was sticking half out my door. Gonna have a gander at it at break in lunch - there seems to be some sort of map there - could be handy at freshers week overlayed with the GPS map of the tunnels :D

Quick question - I know that a laptop of some description isn't a prerequisite for any of the arts courses, but is it advisable or even common? I tend to type all my essays and things anyway but I'm just wondering will I look like a complete social pariah if I pull one out during a lecture :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

jimi_t wrote:
    Quick question - I know that a laptop of some description isn't a prerequisite for any of the arts courses, but is it advisable or even common? I tend to type all my essays and things anyway but I'm just wondering will I look like a complete social pariah if I pull one out during a lecture :o

No. People already do that its quite common.

But it is very, very annoying. The clacking of the keys, especially when you're already straining to hear the lecturers is not something that will be welcomed. The only people I've ever seen do it in my classes in Arts were mature students. Nobody else really cared enough, I guess. Lectures are technically supposed to be like a conversation anyway, apparently. A one-sided conversation you get examined on, but that's not the point.

Get a laptop by all means. But the notes you type in lectures will all have to be revised to make sense anyway, as many lecturers seem to have a problem finishing sentences and avoiding tangents. I found paper notes transferred to the laptop in my own time the best way to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

cya in a few weeks....pharmacology

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I'll be starting this year as well. Right now I've got Engineering though I'm hoping rechecks will get me into Architecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dovescar

anyone else feel the spooky shadow creeping up silently behind ya which is the first week of the new term?
    YIKES!!!
    its also my first ever term, oh well let it be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Actually, I can't wait. I don't much like this full-time work lark.

Advertisement