Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Jam anyone?

Options
  • 16-08-2006 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

While preparations for 24 hour comic day are moving along [granted way to slow for my likeing but moving along none the less] I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting together for comic jam sometime in the coming month. Meet in a quite bar - pref during the week to avoid mad weekend party people [i know during the week isnt good but not talking all night drinking session, just couple of hours after work/school/day spent sitting on the couch delete whichever doesnt apply]

those lovely people from the house of 12 have put together a comic jam FAQ so i dont have to type it all out house of twelve FAQ Their comic jams are top notch [and were nicely located about 3 blocks from my old flat :p ]

Am i wrong or is everyone on this board in Cork? that may put a kink in this idea for Dublin based me.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

that sounds like savage fun.

i don't think everyone is from cork, just the one or two who are quite vocal bout livin in the great city that is cork :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

I read the link and, you know, it didn't put me off.:rolleyes:

The midweek thing is a bit of a prob, but I can make Dublin in under an hour so all other things being equal, I'm up for it, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I'm in Dublin and would be up for it BUT I don't finish work until 9:30 during the week, work on Grafton St though so it's not too bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

hey if the weekend suits people better maybe should try and do something then. I just said during the week cus town tends to be mad busy and full of hen/stag parties at the weekend.

Can anyone suggest a nice pub that wouldn't be mad busy/loud and also has comfy seats/space for drawing [will only be drawing in sketch books so wont need loads of space] I was thinking somewhere like Karma but i dont how busy that is at the weekend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I really like the idea, but couldn't realistically do anything except at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

I done a few with an Australian comics by email and it worked great. meeting up is messy

I done a few with an Australian comics by email and it worked great. meeting up is messy

I already do comics by email with my friends in new york and hamburg, honestly i'm bored with doing it via email, I miss the fun of a monthly comic jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 chrisfw

kennedy's next to tara st dart station is always pretty empty, even on a fri n sat...downstairs in sin e is usually pretty empty and has bigger tables too and they'd be up for somethin like that
    i'm in dublin, wouldn't mind a bit more real-time interaction with comic heads! finished with work by 6.30, weekday or weekends grrrrand, nevermind that my skillz wouldn't be able to pay the bills...

chrisfw wrote:
    kennedy's next to tara st dart station

Isn't the bar next to tara st dart station called O'Reily's? I think O'Reilys is under the dart station, is that it?

Never been to Sin e but its near my apartment so I'm gonna be very lazy and say I've no prob with there.

Does anyone have issues with Sin e?

Weekend seems to suit people better so firday/sat/sun which is best?

Give me an address, give me a time and I'll be there. Although I'm thinking if it's a weekend more people are likely to show up on Friday or Sunday than Saturday, unless it was a Saturday afternoon.

• Advertisement

the Shades wrote:
    Give me an address, give me a time and I'll be there. Although I'm thinking if it's a weekend more people are likely to show up on Friday or Sunday than Saturday, unless it was a Saturday afternoon.

I'd rather a firday or sunday myself. Sin e is on the quays somewhere between the four courts and capel street bridge [at least i think thats the place, never been but pass it nearly daily on the bus]

****checked and sin e is located at 14-15 Ormond Quay*******

So when's the first one?

the Shades wrote:
    So when's the first one?

this firday from 9? anybody got any probs with that?

I was going to say I have a work thing but feck that, I'll be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daveraveshave

HOW ABOUT HOLDING 1 IN WATERFORD IN THE WACKY APPLE--TIS ALWAYS QUIET IN THERE.WATCHA THINK EVERYBODY?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Gave it a mention on http://www.spoilt.ie/ . Hope it helps.

Figment wrote:
    Gave it a mention on http://www.spoilt.ie/ . Hope it helps.

cheers hon. Spoilt is great [and not just cus ya mentioned my work last year :p ]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

so how did it go#?

Tree wrote:
    so how did it go#?

Well won't speak for anyone else but i had a great night [got home at well past 2am which i always take as sign of a good night] Twas only myself, the shades and thumbninja but we "acquired" Brian, [from "the Shiznit"] much to the annoyance of his girlfriend, and members of the band 8ball so we were far from lonely.

Sin E was very lively, great for drinks and dancing but not so great for comic drawing but we gave it ago anyway. Very silly comics emerged [with strange hoof boy proposing marriage to Clak Clak girl]

Was hopeing to try for a monthly jam session but with 24 hour comic day at the start of october might put the next one off till after that unless people really want to have another go before hand.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Excellent, sounds like it was good fun which is the main thing. sorry I couldn't make it, was busy discovering that I had a chest infection (YAY!) at that point in the weekend. I'll definitely make it up for 24 hour comic day though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement