Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo of SF's Akuma's symbol

Options
  • 16-08-2006 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

OK firstly, yes I'm a sad b*****d. But I really wanted to get Akuma's symbol 天(ten) meaning heaven on my upper back, fairly small as there is a larger tattoo going on the rest of my back in a few weeks. Thing is I want all red, no black even on outlines. My question, will this look crap and fuzzy in a few years without a dark outline and how big would be recommended (roughly) to get a non-smugdy tattoo, I know I could ask an artist this but I've already got to go into Justin in Zulu with pictures of the silver surfer and angel wings and stuff and I don't want to bother him with this little piece of crap considering he won't even be doing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Firstly alot of people have reactions to the red ink, causes alot of problems when healing the tattoo. You are getting a bigger tattoo on your back as you said, why not get that done first so your small one doesnt interfere with the larger one. Nothing worse than getting a tattoo then being inhibited by a smaller one.
    One of the guys/girls will hopfully inform you on the smudging topic as i dont know much about it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭obrien_pa

Wilburt wrote:
    Firstly alot of people have reactions to the red ink, causes alot of problems when healing the tattoo. You are getting a bigger tattoo on your back as you said, why not get that done first so your small one doesnt interfere with the larger one. Nothing worse than getting a tattoo then being inhibited by a smaller one.
    One of the guys/girls will hopfully inform you on the smudging topic as i dont know much about it. :)

I totally agree! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Wilburt wrote:
    Well I wouldn't mind know roughly how big would be a good size so I get a rough idea how far down I start the big tattoo. But I'll probably have to go discuss this with an artist I think. As for red ink, I'm alright, I got 2 tattoos with red in them already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

hmmm, so you are definite that you want your smaller tattoo done first?:confused:
    Yeah go to an artist and ask them, thats your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

No I'm getting the larger tattoo first, I'd just like to know roughly how far down the big one needs to be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

hey, i got this done about 6 years ago as my first tattoo in black. it looked gret at the start but it lost its appeal and ive had to get it redone about 3 times now. I would look around for a better design as if you ever think of getting it covered up it will need a large piece, depending on the size

Advertisement