Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indoor footy foot wear

• 16-08-2006 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I've been playin asro turf now for a while on wednesday nights and bought those astro turf boots. I'll also be playin indoor on Mondays now starting soon and don't want to spend loads on yet another sole-purpose item. Anyone know where to buy a cheap pair of runners that would do for indoor?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I was in the same situation a while ago. I couldnt find any.

Eventually I just found a pair of astro which have soles which are pretty flat.
    Got them in liffey valley in JJB sports.

But I was surprised that the management in JJB said that they did not do indoor
    football runners. I was the second person in that day to ask that question. The
    manager didnt even know where I could find a pair. Elverys where the same. I
    was told they didnt know of any :-(

I was tempted to just wear a pair of squash boots. They have gum soles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Agrre with the squash shoes idea. Hi-Tec Squash, the white and green ones, are pretty cheap but anything with the gum soles should do.
    There are *some* brand-name indoor soccer shoes around but can be hard to find.

Del

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Try sourcing a pair of Adidas Indoor Super. They're the :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

use the same as you use for astro. I've been playing both for years now with the same runners(not the exact same pair for years) and they give grand grip on indoor surface. Anyone I know uses normal astro boots indoor.

i've got three pairs of these and foun d them to be the best and mostcomfortable. http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5/footwear/product_details.aspx?pid=27836&vid=0&cid=1500&tid=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I wear something similar. For indoor. Havent tried them on astro but I'd imagine they would be fine.
    http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5/brands/nike/product_details.aspx?pid=25910&vid=0&cid=3567&tid=

I got them in JJB for 60 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Just use a pair of Addidad cortez(sp) or something, easier to find, more comfortable and they let you get your whole foot under the ball, which can be a massive help in indoors with a high ball limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Seaneh wrote:
    Just use a pair of Addidad cortez(sp) or something, easier to find, more comfortable and they let you get your whole foot under the ball, which can be a massive help in indoors with a high ball limit.

You sure Cortez aren't Nike? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

whatever! low trainer with no rbber around the toe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

astro runners are rubbish for playing indoor!! you notice the difference if you buy some indoor boots for indoor. Just look at how much better it is playing astro with a proper pair of astro runners!

look around the net and you will find them easy enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I just went into my local nike store about bought at pair of indoor football shoes, but only because they didn't have any squash shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

If the place you play indoor is ever the slightest bit damp don't use Astro Turf boots cause you will get much less grip than someone who uses normal runners .

A good few of the normal everyday white runners are of sufficient standard for indoor soccer .

Advertisement