Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Patch 1.4 Patch Notes

• 16-08-2006 9:17am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1.4 Patch – New content

· New level: Road to Jalalabaad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
    · New Server Option: No Vehicles mode

1.4 Patch – Fix List

Front End:

· Front end - Fixed server browser issues with updating info
    · Front End - Multiplayer & Co-op - Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
    · Multiplayer Server filter “maps size” will now work
    · Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box

Game Server

· Increased server stability
    · All levels - Co-op – Fixed a crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt
    · Server - Linux 32 Dedicated – Fixed the server crash when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co- op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
    · Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round. The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
    · Unlocks are once available on unranked servers.
    · Ranked server have to have unlocks activated.
    · Fixed Issue with the local coop server - If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
    · Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map.
    · Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps.
    · Fixed a Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon).
    · Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.

Client / Gameplay:

· Increased client stability
    · Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
    · Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
    · Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
    · Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
    · Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
    · Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
    · Commander options will no longer available whilst dead.
    · Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
    · Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
    · Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
    · Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end
    · Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to help prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
    · Fixed an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
    · Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
    · Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters

- The DICE Battlefield Team

So....

a) the server crashes have been fixed,
    b) we need less players to start a game on a ranked server,
    c) a pretty cool new map,
    d) unlocks back on unranked servers,
    e) transport choppers get their armor back !!!!
    f) Red/blue tag bug fixed (note: this is the first patch to claim to have fixed it)

Over all it doesn't look too bad, if everything is delivered, though I didn't notice the transport armor while beta testing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I have a funny feeling I'm going to be re-installing after this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Seems a pretty poor patch once again.Only one or two of the in-game bugs/glitches out of the 140+ that are known seem to have been bothered with but after reading a Q & A with a DICE team member where he states it would have taken time to sort them out when they are focused on 2142 tells us what they really think of the consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

Ponster wrote:

- The DICE Battlefield Team

Is this one of the things they fixed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Red/Blue nametag bug – Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag

They have said this in nearly every patch released :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

d22ontour wrote:
    Seems a pretty poor patch once again.Only one or two of the in-game bugs/glitches out of the 140+ that are known seem to have been bothered with...

That list is a huge pile of steaming ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

d22ontour wrote:
    Seems a pretty poor patch once again.Only one or two of the in-game bugs/glitches out of the 140+ that are known seem to have been bothered with but after reading a Q & A with a DICE team member where he states it would have taken time to sort them out when they are focused on 2142 tells us what they really think of the consumers.

Why do they even bother with an open beta if they do not address all of the bugs submitted.

What bugs submitted by the beta testers weren't fixed?

Just curious?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

TBH I'll be happy so long as the fix the CTDs and the server crashes

which it sounds like they've done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting

Hu-f'ing-ray. Been out of the games for 3 months, due to sloppy handling of a gfx card RMA. Played BF2 today for the first time in a long time and remembered how much i hate that prone and shoot maneuver. Its the thing i can say aabout valve, back in the day everyone was doing that with DOD, when DOD 1.1 came out it was the first thing they changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

i will be happy with the no server crashes and the no vehicles option. My friend told me it rained UAVs once in the 1.3 version, lol. Fixing the menu system sounds good too.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote:
    That list is a huge pile of steaming ****e.

Sure it is. :rolleyes:

People just make them up for the laugh don't they.

d22ontour wrote:
    Sure it is. :rolleyes:

People just make them up for the laugh don't they.

Yep. I remember when that list was made. As long as one player had seen a bug once it was added to the list. There was no control over what was and wasn't added.
    Many weren't bugs but feature requests; some had been already been fixed and some were gameplay changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Has the Squad Create/Join issue been fixed?

I can't remember if I installed the Full or Inc 1.3 patch - could this be the cause of it?

I still purport that Spec Ops should be able to blow C4 while running away and the Engineer should be able to bludgeon people to death with the monkeywrench.

MONKEY WRENCH FIGHT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

SyxPak wrote:
    Has the Squad Create/Join issue been fixed?

I can't remember if I installed the Full or Inc 1.3 patch - could this be the cause of it?

I still purport that Spec Ops should be able to blow C4 while running away and the Engineer should be able to bludgeon people to death with the monkeywrench.

MONKEY WRENCH FIGHT!

agree on the spec ops and the C4 and never thought of the monkey wrench but dammit yeah that would be savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

no vehicles is a bit of overkill for the larger maps. Would much prefer a no planes or helis option.
    have i mentioned that before? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ponster wrote:
    · Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult

Oh for fuck's sake! Its already bad enough my little spec ops man has a limp wrist and can only toss the C4 two feet, now he's actually got broken bones and can barely drop it at his feet.

*drops C4* "ehhh"...

It was adjusted last patch as well " or was it the patch before " but a workaround was found to throw it quite far.I am sure another will be found.

Yep. Since the 1.3 patch it's been possible to throw C4 just like it was since the start of BF2. The 1.4 patch will 'fix' it so that it's back to the same as it was pre-1.3

Advertisement