Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help !!

• 16-08-2006 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

I got ntl broadband in leopardstown a while back. It always worked great.

3 weeks ago i went to the states, and used a plug in broadband over there.

i got home, plugged the ntl back in, and it doesnt seem to work.
    I tried plugging it in and out a few times, and rebooting, but i have no connection to the internet.

Maybe my laptop is still looking for the american connection or some setting has changed or something.
    I remember when i got my laptop first, i just plugged in the ntl and it worked.

I havent really got a clue about these things, but i really need to get back online as soon as i can.

What should i do?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

I got ntl broadband in leopardstown a while back. It always worked great.

3 weeks ago i went to the states, and used a plug in broadband over there.

i got home, plugged the ntl back in, and it doesnt seem to work.
    I tried plugging it in and out a few times, and rebooting, but i have no connection to the internet.

Maybe my laptop is still looking for the american connection or some setting has changed or something.
    I remember when i got my laptop first, i just plugged in the ntl and it worked.

I havent really got a clue about these things, but i really need to get back online as soon as i can.

What should i do?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Open a Command Prompt (Go to Start, click Run, enter CMD and click OK)
    Type IPCONFIG and hit Enter.

Copy and paste the results here. (Right click on the blue title bar and click on Edit to select text, and again to copy the selected text).

Advertisement