Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Pete play his trump card last night?

Options
  • 16-08-2006 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

"If I don't win, well that means there's no heaven" Ahh bless! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

Was he being genuine or was it a cynical ploy? A bit of both I'd say....
    I'm sick and tired of Pete at this stage - it certainly didn't win him my support

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I know, the little puppydog eyes, and the tears as well. And the throw-in of the dead friend coming to him in a dream. Its incredible. But I really dont rationally think he was being manipulative, its the sort of wide-eyed lamb stuff we can come to expect.
    Its not that I dont like Pete, but why is it always the girliest, quietest little lamb of a man that gets so far? I thought we had moved on from this whole metrosexual thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was he being genuine or was it a cynical ploy? A bit of both I'd say....
    I'm sick and tired of Pete at this stage - it certainly didn't win him my support
    I don't think he was being cynical (he doesn't seem to be a cynical person), I actually think he was being genuine, but it was all a bit too Soap Opera for my liking.

The funniest thing was Richard's reaction. He was trying his best to comfort Pete but you could also see that he was thinking, "$*&^ You Pete, I wanna win this thing too!!!". I think out of them all, Richard wants to win it the most and I think he thinks that he has the best chance of winning it because he's survived eviction so many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

Maybe its my cynical side that thought there was an element of cynicism in what Pete said:)

Agree 100% re Richard's reaction - he didn't exactly go all out to reassure him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I don't care if he was being genuine, he should have kept it to himself, because everyone will think he is trying to tug at the heartstrings, and they wont like it.

I think he spends too much time with manipulative baby Nikki, because that conversation was distinctly Nikki Like -

PETE: *Pulls best Bambi impression, Stares wide eyed into camera 3, flutters eyelashes and says:

"Is there really an Santa Claus, I'll just kill myself, or lose all faith in humanity if it turns out their isn't."

VIEWER
    : Ehhhhhhh, can I really have his death on my conscience? What if he loses all faith in humanity because of me?
    *Puts on most sincere face:

"Of course there is a Santa Claus Petey boy, now come place your weary head on my bosom, I'll nurture you"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I can agree with people being cynical about Pete, he is a bit too good to be true at times.

But I think if we are honest, he is probably the nicest one in there and the one that hasn't caused any trouble. He gets on with everyone and doesnt really do anything too annoying unlike Aisleyne for example with fake crying or Nikki with over acting.

Just think we cant begrudge him too much for being the favourite,he probably deserves it over the rest in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Pete's an operator, and a damn good one

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

that was the most pathetic thing i have ever seen. it was sickeningly sweet.
    what a jackass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

So many people are falling for it as well.

Advertisement