Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography and business were marked hard

Options
  • 16-08-2006 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

does anyone else think this, i thought they would have been my best scoring subjects but i only got D1 in both

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tweetypie

em i didnt do geography but i thought the business was marked okay..i managed a b2 so i was happy with that:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

yeh i only got a c3 in geog :| those ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I was going to say geography was marked very easy,I got a B2 in it with NO study,last minute cramming got ruiend by maths so geography had no time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

B1...was secretly thinking I got an A1. Will be getting it rechecked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I was going to say geography was marked very easy,I got a B2 in it with NO study,last minute cramming got ruiend by maths so geography had no time
    Yea I got a B2 as well, taught it was marked easy enuf cos I didnt have a clue on how to do the last question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Dear lord no! Business must have been marked painfully easy - all jokes aside, I was doing outside of school, the grinds teacher was DIRE and I got an A2!!! I am absolutely gobsmacked!

I thought Geog was fair. English on the other hand :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i got an A1 in geog, so i have no complaints... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Damn right, sugar.

Dunno where my Geography examiner pulled a B2 from.

I didn't get a whole lot of easy markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Biz seemed to be quite fair in my school. Most people who worked hard got what they deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i got a b2 in both. pretty fair tbh.

they are the 2 biggest bluffing subjects so a lot of people think they know more than they actually do and hence think they've been hard done by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

I got an A1 in Geography.

I seriously think the corrector was high when correcting it.
    Geography was the bane of my existence all year.

Rockerette wrote:
    i got an A1 in geog, so i have no complaints... :o
    Mr. Corrbett will be happy with you!!

I got a B2 and he told me to drop to pass becasue he taught I wudnt pass higher level! Cant wait till I next see him

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

got a c1 in bus and a d1 in geog!! gonna have a look @ them esp geog so annoyed over it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

I actually thought that Geography was marked a bit hard alright. I did get an A2 but my friend got a B1 and was expecting an A1. She can't figure out where she went wrong at all. And I also felt I was going to get an A1 in it after I had it done. Business was marked easily though. I got an A1 in it, but loads of people in my school who didn't expect to do well in it were coming out with high B's and stuff. So overal I think it was fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

i got a c2 (h) in geog..was kinda expecting around a B. but i got a d something in my mock so i prob deserve the c. aint complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Pfft.. I got an A2 in business, highest mark I EVER got in the subject.. o_o Im still very surprised at myself. I didnt even do all the questions, the last few i just wrote down the main points in bullet point... I wonder if I had studied the report would i have gotten an A1.. doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

maybe the problem with geography is that no one really knew what anyone wanted, cos it's the first year of the exam?

Maybe my vague bull**** was exactly what they were after! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I got a B3 in Geography which I was pretty happy with I suppose. I think the business paper was marked hard... :)

I got an A1 in Geography...

saying that, i've always liked it, so it wasn't unexpected.

What was unexpected was 6 other guys in my class getting A1s too!

The whole class was delighted with the results, the general feeling was that it was marked very nicely.

(One guy went from a C3 in the mocks to an A1)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

(One guy went from a C3 in the mocks to an A1)

I gotta get mine rechecked, I got a B1 in the mock (which I did no study for) and a C3 in the actual exam.... which is bollox!

• Advertisement

I moved from a D2 to a B2 in Geog and for Bus I moved from an E to a D3 :o I dont care I was crap & had no interest in the subject :D

eamoss wrote:
    I moved from a D2 to a B2 in Geog and for Bus I moved from an E to a D3 :o I dont care I was crap & had no interest in the subject :D

the second one is the important one there...

makes a difference of 45 points!

Advertisement