Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart?

• 16-08-2006 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit confused. I have a phone number for someone who wants DSL. I tried the online checker on Eircom, BT and Digiweb. All come back failed. Then I check Smart's online checker and it says it is available. I then rang them and they told me DSL was available on that number. What I want to know is how?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

BT and digiweb all use eircom's test and equipment.

Smart have their own equipment in the exchange that sends the dsl signal further out from the exchange.

You might try magnet aswell but you'll have to watch for line rental costs and tv costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Magnet isn't an option. In Dundalk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

So the only dsl that probably works on your particular line is Smart DSL from the local exchange where they may have installed gear. Obviously you should not get it so . Its far too dear at €35 a month.

Also consider Digiweb Metro where you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dezine

Just a quick line about Smart, have been waiting 14 weeks for connection with still no sign, so think twice about that option!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Its far too dear at €35 a month.

you are joking, aren't you??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

petes wrote:
    I'm a bit confused. I have a phone number for someone who wants DSL. I tried the online checker on Eircom, BT and Digiweb. All come back failed. Then I check Smart's online checker and it says it is available. I then rang them and they told me DSL was available on that number. What I want to know is how?
    Th Smart line checker simpley tells you that Smart DSL is available in the exchange that the line is connected to. It's not a guarantee that you can get Smart DSL on that line, but because Smart use ADSL+ they can provide service on much longer ines than eircom can/will.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Smart get a certain amount of data on line quality from Eircom. If you visit the Smart support forum and post there http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/ about your dilemna one of the guys from Smart may be able to get you some more information as to the suitability of you line. The lads from Smart who look after the forum (on a voluntary basis by the way) are usually very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

The lads from Smart who look after the forum (on a voluntary basis by the way) are usually very helpful.

Well why doesn't Smart get them to man all the telephone lines and get rid of the useless people there who have to ask the same thing over and over again, and can tell you nothing in return.

Advertisement