Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downsizing

Options
  • 16-08-2006 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Due to some unavoidable personal circumstances I may have to move home soon, and will more than likely end up in an apartment, houses being so expensive. That and the fact that thing have been so hectic lately that I feel my animals are being slightly neglected and not given enough time at all. My only option, especially if I have to move would be to down size the family, but how on earth do I choose who stays and who goes.....and even if I could make that decision how do I ensure that they are going to a better home with loads of attention....it's breaking my heart to think I may have to give some of them up.

The first to go will be some of the rabbits, I want to keep some, but how do I decide who stays and who goes, they all have their own fantastic personality and I love each of them dearly.

Has anyone experienced this or something similar? How did you choose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

there are some lovely small farms around and they often take in unwanted small furries, sorry the term unwanted is wrong... but you know what i mean, im sure there is one or two in your general area. these places are like small pets corners in the zoo and have rabbits, g. pigs, ducks, sheep etc and are open to small kids and adults to come in a feed them and play with them... personally i think they are great idea, some kids cant have contact with animals and these places are a great chance for them to learn about them...

i know how heart breaking it can be but best let them go to good homes instead of restricting their space!

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

That sucks :(

Any of your horde that came from me are welcome back. Most of the rest are too but I'd need advance warning for anything non-furred. Non-furries are not my area of expertise... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Hmm, well obviuosly I'm gonna try best utmost to get a place with a Garden for the bunnies.....failing that I just don't know what do to. :confused:

On a better note, a friend of mine has aggreed to "long term foster" some of the reptiles for as long as I need, and she has lots of experience with reptiles and will take excellent care of them....and I get to see them whenever I want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

What a horrible situation to find yourself in :(

What type of small furries do you have, apart from bunnies? I might also be able be able to help out with long term fostering if they'd fit in with my lot :)

Hey, thanks. It's just the bunnies I have left. I'm gonna try my best to keep them though, but if it comes to it I'll post a new thread here looking for foster parents for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Shelli hun - what happend with the glider? She can come here for long term fostering if needed hun.

She passed away a while ago, I sent you a message on piedipers, remember? She had a seisure of sorts one night and had passed before I could get the to the vet the next morning. Broke my heart, I still miss her very much.

Haven't really had a good year so far when it comes to my little family.

Advertisement