Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quark Express - Windows - Printing Problems

Options
  • 16-08-2006 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I'm relatively new to Quark & am having problems with print outs? There are minute horizontal lines appearing on the final print from Quark. I don't get these lines if I print out photographs. So I reckon the problem is on my Quark settings. Have posted a few queries on techie forums but nothing back. Anyone else with an idea??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Try printing a text document (using notepad or MS Word).
    What printer?
    What version of Quark Express?
    What OS?
    More details on the lines (Length,colour,frequency,etc.)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to Digital Art/Design forum as you might get a better response there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

I have problems printing postscript files to windows printers. Basically it's down to your printer. You need a postscript certified printer to print it acurately without the lines or dodgy aliasing going on. Try to export the page as a eps, then put the page into distiller to make a pdf, if it prints ok from the pdf then it's definitely down to the printer not being able to handle the way Quark handshakes with the printer. If you don't have distiller, then open the eps in a photoediting package, like photoshop and print it out from there. This will only tell you if Quark has issues with the printer you are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BobbyFowler

I've got Adobe Photoshop. I created a box with the same background colour. When I printed it from there (as a jpeg file) I had the same lines going through the page. That's telling me the problem's on my printer. I also tried printing a colour photo and had the same problem. I get posters printed by a printer in town. I've noticed that the problem has appeared on the last two posters I've printed with him. If someone's got a printer which does have postscript facilities, I could email them an A4 page and they could see if the same problem arrises on their side. I'm at a bit of a loss here.

On my printer, this has a series of lines through the grey box.

• Advertisement

No lines this end. What type of printer have you got? If it's an inkjet try cleaning the heads. If it's a toner get it serviced.

It's a Canon Inkjet printer. Just back from Cartridge World. Put the same file on a USB key and they printed it out on their printer. They see the same lines (really faint lines, but when you look close, they're noticeable) when they print from their printer. So Hank - you're printing this out on your printer and you're not seeing anything? As I said previously, the same problems are seen by the guys in town when they print this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

the shape is an eps in quark yeh? i've noticed if you have too little memory quark seems to slice up eps's, how much ram do you have?

It's a Canon Inkjet printer. Just back from Cartridge World. Put the same file on a USB key and they printed it out on their printer. They see the same lines (really faint lines, but when you look close, they're noticeable) when they print from their printer. So Hank - you're printing this out on your printer and you're not seeing anything? As I said previously, the same problems are seen by the guys in town when they print this out.

http://www.maxpatchink.com/canon-tips.shtml

Try this, it may help.

Cheers Hank - I've got 1GB Ram - My problem is that anyone who's printed this out on my behalf (4 in total), see these lines through the print out. That's the reason I don't think it's the printer. You were saying you printed it out & there were no lines.

• Advertisement

I'm using a toner printer and not an inkjet one.

Do you want to send me the quark file and I'll take a look at it?

Advertisement