Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tropical fish Swap / Selling / Give Away thread

Options
  • 16-08-2006 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

I was thinking this might be a good idea.

cos ever few months my tank will get a little over crowded and I'd need to get rid of some fish
    - from fish breeding,
    - new additions I add
    - friends giving me fish they don't want or one's they breed
    - fish getting to big for my tank.
    - fish I'm bored of or just don't want anymore.
    - Even if there's any live plants or other equipment you might want rid of.

I'd usually bring them to a pet shop but some pet shops might not take them, will give you nothing in return or give you a small amount of credit in return.

I know there's a lot of experienced tropical fish keepers on here so you would know your fish would be looked after.

so what do you think about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Good idea, only problem I can see is you would have to live quite close to the person you would be swapping with cos the fish wouldn't appreciate hours in a plastic bag being transported about the place.

Also what would you swap yours for, if you've got too many fish for whatever reason and I take some of them you won't want any of mine in return cos you'd be back to square one with too many fish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭leef23

if people were willing to meet half way that could help.
    but if you live to far from someone then there would be no point drive miles for a couple of fish.

I'm after getting a second tank now and I'll only take fish if I have the room.

my idea doesn't seem to popular so far but hopefully it might catch on
    cos we all know how expensive fish and accessories are in the shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oshi

I think its a great idea, especially for the acessories and equipment, even plants.:D

Advertisement