Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would you go?

Options
  • 16-08-2006 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Im almost sure I got both places!

They are:

Maynooth Computer Science & Software Engineering - It was 325 last year and I got 330

Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Computer Science (Software Engineering) - They said I need BBCCC and I got BBBBDD I shud get in right?

Now all of my friends & parents want me to go to maynooth but both my sisters are telling me to go to edinburgh!

What do yous think?

I also got DKIT at Level 7 but there is not a hope of me goin there!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

come to Maynooth. We'll rock out college style!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

What do YOU think first of all.

Are you willing to leave a lot behind and go accross the pond. Do you feel that Maynooth is very handy and it would enable you to build up some funds will in college instead of having to scrap through each week to buy food etc...

I would say Comp App in DCU though :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm not entirely sure you'd be able to get in with those grades. You have four B's., which accounts for the 2 B's you need and 2 of the C's. But You still need one more C and alll you have is the two D's. So it might be that your decision is a bit easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Maynooth Comp Science 4TW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Yeah I should get into Maynooth (the CSSE course) I got 45 points more than I need so maybe I'll see some of you there. :)

[edit]Sorry OP, but I'm not sure about the edinburagh college. You could ring them and find out that way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Are you willing to leave a lot behind and go accross the pond. Do you feel that Maynooth is very handy and it would enable you to build up some funds will in college instead of having to scrap through each week to buy food etc...

Sorry when I read your post yesterday I didnt read it properly and didnt see the question implied. But it wud be the case it both places because if I get acc on maynooth I wud be staying there for the week and just coming home to Dundalk on most weekends which wud cost me and then having a weekend job in Dundalk its self. While if I go to edinburgh I wud be hopefully getting a job there and wouldnt be coming home a lot less. So there isnt much a difference other than coming home on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Got to Maynooth unless money is no issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Tbh, was in your shoes a few years back - had offers for both Dublin and Bristol and only a few days to decide where to go. Listen to your friends and family but most of all listen to yourself.

If you need clarity write out a list of pros and cons for both maynooth and Edinbourgh, it really does help.

Listen to what your gut is telling you too - if you can't hear it stop and take the time to - I couldn't get any perspective at all and ended up finally being able to stop and think when i went to mass because I was just able to zone out and think for myself.

I decided to stay in Ireland and went to Dublin and I've never once regretted my decision even though it means an extra year in college. But you may feel differently. For me it was about a clean break from Cork, I wanted to go out on my own rather than rely on my friends from school, that and the course i'm doing is only available in Dublin.

At the end of the day it's up to you and noone else, make the decision for yourself, not for anyone else.

Best of Luck with your decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Neither, just go to the Square in Tallaght

Its all there in the Square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

This is killing me trying to make my mind up. On one hand I can go off to a class city but the college wouldnt be as good then on the other hand I can have a very well respected college but the city would be an more hour away!

Also Maynooth is meant to be very drink orientated and im not a big drinker!

AHHHH :mad: ITS FLIPIN KILLIN ME!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement