Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Its NCT time...Tyres!

Options
  • 16-08-2006 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Just a quick question. Putting my poor old Fiat Bravo (98) through the NCT next week. Got it serviced, new clutch and all that stuff yesterday but it needs 3 new tyres. Dont fancy getting fleeced so any reccomendations for decent prices in Dublin for tyres?

Cheers,

Pete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

i was quoted 60-70 quid a corner from my local fast fit for some unknown brand. Went onto eiretyres.com and bought some brand name well tested tyres cost me 43 quid each. Fitting+balancing is only 30quid for 3 at sandyford tyes. Saved about 40-60euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

You'd get a tyre made by Michelin called Kormoran for around €55 fitted and balanced in Discount tyres in Blanchardstown. They are a decent branded economy tyre. Much better then Fast Fit no branders.

There are cheaper brands that would contain more plastic then rubber but provided the size is 175/65/14 as they normally are on a brava Kormoran in this price range would be hard to beat.

Eiretyres is not the be all and end all in tyres when you factor in fitting etc sometimes they work out dearer its well worth shopping around. Plus you have the hastle of waiting for the tyres to arrive which is not convenient when you have an NCT is looming.

Advertisement