Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outbound TCP/UDP connection blocked

Options
  • 16-08-2006 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've set up a small network at home with my Cable Moden and Linksys Wireless router. I have one strange problem though.

It seems after a random period of time (say between 2 hours to 2 days), all outbound TCP and UDP traffic gets blocked (by the router i think). I can resolve the issue by powering down the router and then turning it back on again. I checked my software firewall (outpost firewall) and that mentioned that the outband connection is active, but it says that the packet is to a closed port (which indicates an incoming traffic??)

My knowledge is home networking isn't exhaustive, any idea whats going on here?

Cheers
    Flop

Advertisement